Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, I’m nervous about flashing it when it’s not even working properly in Windows (and definitely not working right in MacOS lol)

Just left the house to go watch the basketball game and I’ll either mess with it tonight when I’m home or all day tomorrow (a day off!!!!!)

Did you give it proper permission in Windows? And is it in Slot 2? And is the TB cable connected to the mobo?

Also check your BIOS settings make sure the TB settings are correct. It should work in Windows OOB.

Did you give it proper permission in Windows? And is it in Slot 2? And is the TB cable connected to the mobo?

Also check your BIOS settings make sure the TB settings are correct. It should work in Windows OOB.

Yes, yes and yes with 2 cards now

I need to find another Thunderbolt device now to rule out the dock .... arrrrrgh .... even though the dock works fine with every other Mac in the house

I was kidding about having two Titan Ridges, I just have one flashed one with CaseyJ instructions.

I don't have any TB3 devices to test, unfortunately. But TB3 shows up ok here just haven't tested it. All my data is on NAS servers and external USB3.0 drives and in the cloud.

You need to flash it properly for a better ease of use.

Here's how mine looks after flashing.

View attachment 487580

So.... weird stuff is going on with this card.

I forgot I have a TB2 -> TB3 adapter and a Lacie Rugged 2 TB which has a TB2 connector on it.

It’s not perfect in Windows, but it shows up a little easier than the dock does.

So, which AML / kexts would I need to install IF I flashed the custom firmware on the Titan Ridge? I’m about to boot back into macos and see if it can even see this drive under any circumstances.

So.... weird stuff is going on with this card.

I forgot I have a TB2 -> TB3 adapter and a Lacie Rugged 2 TB which has a TB2 connector on it.

It’s not perfect in Windows, but it shows up a little easier than the dock does.

So, which AML / kexts would I need to install IF I flashed the custom firmware on the Titan Ridge? I’m about to boot back into macos and see if it can even see this drive under any circumstances.

Afaik CalDigit isn't super friendly in Windows since their target has always been Macs, but I may be wrong.

Flashing the card is pretty easy, I used a Raspberry Pi, it took a few tries and a few hours but I was able to do it with a clip which is finicky...I suggest spending a little more and getting a better clip. You can keep the RPi for other stuff later like a SNES emulator or whatever :) Or there are other methods.

You just need the Hot Plug TB3 SSDT and it should work. You also get the benefit of TB3 network bridge as well as support for Apple Displays (including the thunderbolt TB2 Cinema Displays). No idea if it works with XDR displays, too expensive to test haha

You just need the Hot Plug TB3 SSDT and it should work. You also get the benefit of TB3 network bridge as well as support for Apple Displays (including the thunderbolt TB2 Cinema Displays). No idea if it works with XDR displays, too expensive to test haha

Ok, so I have the AML file. It's been so long since I messed w/ my EFI folder that I'm beyond rusty (it's backed up as is to another USB drive & is bootable).

How do I alter this file again? I read a few pages back about changing something in the aml... what am I supposed to use and where does the file go? As of right now, Mojave System report shows:

Thunderbolt: No drivers are loaded.

Yes download kgp’s thunderbolt SSDT and replace PCI0 with PC00.

Ok, so I have the AML file. It's been so long since I messed w/ my EFI folder that I'm beyond rusty (it's backed up as is to another USB drive & is bootable).

How do I alter this file again? I read a few pages back about changing something in the aml... what am I supposed to use and where does the file go? As of right now, Mojave System report shows:

It wont show up under thunderbolt without flashing. Refer to CaseySJ’s thread for flashing and the caveats around it.
2 Titan ridge cards are possible though (I’ve had two flashed before) not sure how stable it is since I only had one thunderbolt device to test with.

It's always going to show No drivers loaded because it's not seen as a real Apple flashed TB3 chipset. It will show proper when you flash it.

Follow @djlild7hina instructions its pretty self explanatory.

It wont show up under thunderbolt without flashing.

So how do I alter this AML to replace PCI0 with PC00 ? And which folder on my EFI partition and I'm dropping this into with a prayer? LOL
It's always going to show No drivers loaded because it's not seen as a real Apple flashed TB3 chipset. It will show proper when you flash it.

Follow @djlild7hina instructions its pretty self explanatory.
I have no idea what the instructions are for altering an AML LOL

So how do I alter this AML to replace PCI0 with PC00 ? And which folder on my EFI partition and I'm dropping this into with a prayer? LOL

1. Are you using kgp’s Clover? or OpenCore? If kgp’s clover, you dont need to edit the aml file and just copy it to the ACPI folder. If you’re using OpenCore, use MaciASL and just do a search replace (It’ll be at the top of the file). Copy it to the ACPI folder and make sure you add the .AML to the config plist entry.

I have no idea what the instructions are for altering an AML LOL

EDIT: This is for FLASHED cards, use KGPs file which is PC00 I believe. @djbuddha

Attachments

• SSDT-TBOLT3.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back