Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting this. I transfered onto a USB, open core booted the bootloader but would not enter MacOS.

I get OCB Security Violation.

The only thing I changed was my type to iMacPro (since I'm on mojave), serial number, motherboard serial, and my UUID.

Google OCB Security Violation. Looks like a ScanPolicy error.

If I need to switch card slots on your EFI, can I do that? How? My Radeon is in slot 5 because its 2x slots wide and I have a thunderbolt card installed.

Sure, but the DeviceProperties (cosmetic only) will look different and need to be updated if you want/need.

Does this include the Titan Ridge adapter by chance....? :D
Two Titan Ridges! :angel:

I have not yet got Open Core to boot, but for anyone else running Asus 3203 on the Sage/10g and the 10980xe with clover, adding SSDT-AWAC fixed it! Thanks for the help so far. Gonna try to get open core working next.

Sure, but the DeviceProperties (cosmetic only) will look different and need to be updated if you want/need.

Two Titan Ridges! :angel:
I’m going to pick your brain here, I’ve had nothing but issues getting my Titan Ridge to work, and I’ve already replaced the card once. :banghead:

@izo1 So here's my current issue ....

I installed the drivers in Windows, if I connect my Caldigit dock, it sees the dock. If I plug a drive in nothing happens.

If I scan for hardware changes, the drive randomly fires up.

I followed kgp's BIOS settings, and I flashed this card a while ago.

If I reboot the computer, I have to unplug / replug the cable and then scan for hardware changes to get the drive to show up.

My last card exhibited the same behavior, it's something on my end I must be missing. Obviously I won't get MacOS to see if if I can't even get Windows to react appropriately to it. Dock works fine on all true Macs.

I installed the drivers in Windows, if I connect my Caldigit dock, it sees the dock. If I plug a drive in nothing happens.

If I reboot the computer, I have to unplug / replug the cable and then scan for hardware changes to get the drive to show up.

My last card exhibited the same behavior, it's something on my end I must be missing. Obviously I won't get MacOS to see if if I can't even get Windows to react appropriately to it. Dock works fine on all true Macs.

Flashing with custom firmware affects Windows to where it only works with a warm boot from macOS to windows. I would recommend seeing if it works with stock firmware in windows. Also make sure security is set to 0 in the BIOS

Flashing with custom firmware affects Windows to where it only works with a warm boot from macOS to windows. I would recommend seeing if it works with stock firmware in windows. Also make sure security is set to 0 in the BIOS

Sorry I should clarify.

I flashed it with the gigabyte update, not the custom one yet (I ordered the USB module), but one thing at a time. Just wanting it working the way it did before the USB flash mod

I’m going to pick your brain here, I’ve had nothing but issues getting my Titan Ridge to work, and I’ve already replaced the card once. :banghead:

I was kidding about having two Titan Ridges, I just have one flashed one with CaseyJ instructions.

I don't have any TB3 devices to test, unfortunately. But TB3 shows up ok here just haven't tested it. All my data is on NAS servers and external USB3.0 drives and in the cloud.

Sorry I should clarify.

I flashed it with the gigabyte update, not the custom one yet (I ordered the USB module), but one thing at a time. Just wanting it working the way it did before the USB flash mod

You need to flash it properly for a better ease of use.

Here's how mine looks after flashing.

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 3.33.19 PM.png

You need to flash it properly for a better ease of use.
The thing is, I’m nervous about flashing it when it’s not even working properly in Windows (and definitely not working right in MacOS lol)

Just left the house to go watch the basketball game and I’ll either mess with it tonight when I’m home or all day tomorrow (a day off!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back