Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it’s worth it. A lot of those cases have corrosion inside and for example the sleds are all messed up by now in the Mac Pro.

You can build a SFFPC with a 9900K and a Radeon VII and it’ll look much nicer imo. Or go full tower.

That's my full tower right now (attached), but I have an empty G5 case and I'm planning to mod it or buy an already modded case for ATX components (I think someone in the world would sell them?!). I'm just a romantic apple fanboy!
fullsizeoutput_cd1.jpeg

That's my full tower right now (attached), but I have an empty G5 case and I'm planning to mod it or buy an already modded case for ATX components (I think someone in the world would sell them?!). I'm just a romantic apple fanboy!View attachment 409765

I love Apple as much as the next guy, but I always thought modding mac cases was just weird in general. There's so much empty space after a G5/Mac Pro case mod, it'd make more sense to have a fun SFFPC or a Full Tower haha.

But to each their own, I guess.

I personally can afford a not so top of the line 2019 Mac Pro, but I don't want to indulge Apple because they are abusing the Apple loyal base by overpricing the base model by at least 40%.

@djlild7hina On the previous thread you had shared a SSDT you created for a Decklink 8K. Can you tell me how you went about creating that. I have a Decklink Mini Monitor 4K I would like to show up correctly. Mine however is on the previous X99 KGP Build. Mine shows up at PCI0.RP08@1C,7. How did you arrive at PEGP, and SL0? According to my IO Reg and current DSDT I don't see where this comes from.

Thanks, Kevin

The SSDT for the decklink is just cosmetic but if you upload a copy of your ioreg I could take a look. Looks like X299 has different addresses compared to x99

Anyone going to attempt a Mac Pro hackintosh? :lol: Would think the W-3175x (28-core) would be the way to go compared to the W-3275 (28-core Cascade-lake w) in the Mac Pro.

Anyone going to attempt a Mac Pro hackintosh? :lol: Would think the W-3175x (28-core) would be the way to go compared to the W-3275 (28-core Cascade-lake w) in the Mac Pro.

Don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

However, two things to keep in mind:

CPU: $3000
Motherboard: $1700

:lol:

But that is much cheaper than a 28core Mac Pro which will probably be $25,000+

Don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

However, two things to keep in mind:

CPU: $3000
Motherboard: $1700

:lol:

But that is much cheaper than a 28core Mac Pro which will probably be $25,000+

Yep I'm aware of the price but it still beats the price of the new Mac Pro easily. Can't imagine what a full blown one will cost... My iMac Pro build will easily last me until PCI 5/DDR5 so I'm a no go :lol:

Veteran KGP was dreaming such a build when he was active in his X299 thread.
May be he will be back with Xeon-W build.:think:

@djlild7hina On the previous thread you had shared a SSDT you created for a Decklink 8K. Can you tell me how you went about creating that. I have a Decklink Mini Monitor 4K I would like to show up correctly. Mine however is on the previous X99 KGP Build. Mine shows up at PCI0.RP08@1C,7. How did you arrive at PEGP, and SL0? According to my IO Reg and current DSDT I don't see where this comes from.

Thanks, Kevin
Upload your IOREG, and I'll share a SSDT. BTW, you should also share a screenshot of DCPI Manager/PCI section (decklink device). Sometimes Decklink don't correctly show their IDs through IOREG

So... Catalina will run in a separate Volume (Partition) on the main disk, separated form all other stuffs... I'm a bit scared.

Upload your IOREG and I'll share a SSDT, btw, you should also share a screenshot of DCPI Manager/PCI section (decklink device), sometimes Decklink don't correctly show their IDs through IOREG
I have attached the info in the zip file below. I am in the process of getting my last 2 cards to show up correctly. The Decklink and the Areca Raid controller. I was able to modify everything else to work, but there are no good examples for these two cards.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• KC Info.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back