Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're on the same boat, I still think their laptops and phones are the best there is, computers though it's another story. I'm almost thinking to get the 24" 4K monitor they have on their website. The nice thing about it is that it can be used with USB-C as well as thunderbolt.

You can get a 5k Ultrawide for $1100~

And their laptop keyboards are horrendous.

We're on the same boat, I still think their laptops and phones are the best there is, computers though it's another story. I'm almost thinking to get the 24" 4K monitor they have on their website. The nice thing about it is that it can be used with USB-C as well as thunderbolt.

Don't you want to say that their laptops USED TO BE the best there was? Have you heard of flexgate and the butterfly keyboard problems on their Macbook Pro laptops?

Don't you want to say that their laptops USED TO BE the best there was? Have you heard of flexgate and the butterfly keyboard problems on their Macbook Pro laptops?

Sure, and hopefully that's going to get better with the next iteration. Apple showed us today that it definitely cares about the feedback it received over the past years. Apple has their own set of issues and faults for sure, you'd need to do your own comparison with their competitors to draw the full picture. At the end of the day, it's a matter of personal choice.

Really hoping for Nvidia support so I can just stick with one card but still not getting my hopes up. Apparently the Mac Pro does have dual 8 pins so you should be able to add in your own graphics card. Just won't have the fancy Thunderbolt functionality as their proprietary MPX cards. And would be interesting if we could buy theMac Pro IO cards.

Really hoping for Nvidia support so I can just stick with one card but still not getting my hopes up. Apparently the Mac Pro does have dual 8 pins so you should be able to add in your own graphics card. Just won't have the fancy Thunderbolt functionality as their proprietary MPX cards. And would be interesting if we could buy theMac Pro IO cards.

Agreed, time will tell!

Anyone of you guys have any confidence with PowerMac G5 / Mac Pro cases modded for standard ATX components? Someone has a built in it system?

Anyone of you guys have any confidence with PowerMac G5 / Mac Pro cases modded for standard ATX components? Someone has a built in it system?

I don’t think it’s worth it. A lot of those cases have corrosion inside and for example the sleds are all messed up by now in the Mac Pro.

You can build a SFFPC with a 9900K and a Radeon VII and it’ll look much nicer imo. Or go full tower.

@djlild7hina On the previous thread you had shared a SSDT you created for a Decklink 8K. Can you tell me how you went about creating that. I have a Decklink Mini Monitor 4K I would like to show up correctly. Mine however is on the previous X99 KGP Build. Mine shows up at PCI0.RP08@1C,7. How did you arrive at PEGP, and SL0? According to my IO Reg and current DSDT I don't see where this comes from.

Thanks, Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back