Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I have a Corsair 115i Pro which has 2x 140mm fans on the radiator. What settings do you use for OC?

Just a simple "Sync All Cores" and x44 multiplier.

You can start low with "Sync All Cores" at maybe x39 multiplier and keep going up? You have to run some benchmarks on loop to check temps.

I do it in Windows with HWInfo32 and something like Prime 95 (the middle setting forgot which one it is) and look at temps to see how comfortable you are with them.

These massive core CPUs only boost 1-2 cores anyway by default, so something like "Sync All Cores" is already pushing the CPU heavily on all cores.

Just a simple "Sync All Cores" and x44 multiplier.

You can start low with "Sync All Cores" at maybe x39 multiplier and keep going up? You have to run some benchmarks on loop to check temps.

I do it in Windows with HWInfo32 and something like Prime 95 (the middle setting forgot which one it is) and look at temps to see how comfortable you are with them.

These massive core CPUs only boost 1-2 cores anyway by default, so something like "Sync All Cores" is already pushing the CPU heavily on all cores.
Thanks!

I just got a better case, so maybe that will help (Corsair 540). I forget what model I had before but it was a small-ish mid-tower and definitely too cramped for the i9-7980XE and 2x GPUs!

Thanks!

I just got a better case, so maybe that will help (Corsair 540). I forget what model I had before but it was a small-ish mid-tower and definitely too cramped for the i9-7980XE and 2x GPUs!

Just do a loop and get it over with. Lots of tutorials out there.

If your case can fit 420mm+360mm rad that would be nice for that setup. Kind of overkill, but you can run the fans at low RPMs especially with slim rads.

The rule is 120mm rad for each device. Twice that if you OC.

And you should delid the 7980XE, and those OC really well with TG liquid metal.

Okay, my final, final, final comment. I have NEVER had to "rescan" with device manager or anything else in Windows to get the device or device(s) recognized. Once the firmware has been updated and the drivers have been installed, that's it. Done and done. But not in your case. You have said that you have to re-scan, and that suggests something about a hardware issue. Don't know what is wrong, but I would start with a different TB card.

A replacement card should be delivered on Tuesday... I’ll try again then.

Does onboard WiFi work in Catalina 10.15.2?

Hey guys, I used to be able to use my Bluetooth keyboard/mouse to access BIOS and control Clover. I have the card that @kgp recommended. I'm not sure if it was a BIOS update or what, but now, I am unable to use the Bluetooth on post whatsoever. Only once the OS is booted can I use them.

In addition to that, I use a UAD Apollo interface (via a fairly new GC- Titan Ridge that replaced by Asus TBEX3 and Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter), and, very recently, when I restart, the device stays connected (HOST light is on) and will not reconnect on reboot. Luckily, with hot swap working, I can power cycle the device, but this is a new and annoying issue. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Does anyone know if this is some new setting or if I should downgrade the BIOS? Is there any downside to going back down, and if not, which BIOS do I choose for the x299 Deluxe?

Thank you in advance!

Hey guys,

Just bought an Asus Prime Deluxe II with a i9-9820x and everything in working fine except the built-in 5gbe ethernet AQC111C and the thunderbolt hotplug who is also built-in in the mobo.
Do you have any clue to help me with this ?

Thank you very much

Hey guys,

Just bought an Asus Prime Deluxe II with a i9-9820x and everything in working fine except the built-in 5gbe ethernet AQC111C and the thunderbolt hotplug who is also built-in in the mobo.
Do you have any clue to help me with this ?

Thank you very much

That chipset is not supported in macOS. Disable it in the BIOS and get a supported PCIe 10g card, like the Aquantia 107. They're affordable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back