Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIOS updates have nothing to do with temps. Somethings funky with your settings (are you OCing?)

Clear your CMOS by using CLR_CMOS button and/or removing battery and disconnecting/turning off the power input for a few mins. I would also recommend flashing the 2002 BIOS once more by using the USB Flashback feature (format your USB Stick as FAT32 MBR and not GUID) and it explains in the manual of the mobo how to do it. I must have flashed it maybe 3 times on my end (also making sure your power doesn't go out during this process, of course)

Regarding FCPX issues, no idea, works well here on my end, but I don't use it a lot so haven't done extensive testing.

No OC at all. I cleared the CMOS 4 times and did the USB Flackback on BIOS and the results are the same. I noticed the wattage during my H264 encoding was up about 8-10 watts- and it's definitely clocking much higher. Before my average clock was around 3.7 ghz where now it's around 4.2-4.3 ghz.

It peaked around 97.5 C .. I wouldn't run this workload like that for hours and hours, but for an hour here and an hour there in most situations. I'm definitely not comfortable with those temps.

I'm actually returning the 9900X for a 10980XE when the store gets it- so I'll be applying much better thermal paste than what came with the Corsair H150i Pro. Now that I'm running the BIOS to support the new chip, it should just be a matter of changing the IOCPUNumber from 19 to 35 before removing the 9900X and dropping the new processor in.

And, here are the first tests of the 24 core and 32 core threadrippers, as I mentioned: https://www.anandtech.com/show/1504...3960x-and-3970x-review-24-and-32-cores-on-7nm

Quote from the article: "I have never used the word ‘bloodbath’ in a review before. It seems messy, violent, and a little bit gruesome. But when we look at the results from the new AMD Threadripper processors, it seems more than appropriate..."

No OC at all. I cleared the CMOS 4 times and did the USB Flackback on BIOS and the results are the same. I noticed the wattage during my H264 encoding was up about 8-10 watts- and it's definitely clocking much higher. Before my average clock was around 3.7 ghz where now it's around 4.2-4.3 ghz.

It peaked around 97.5 C .. I wouldn't run this workload like that for hours and hours, but for an hour here and an hour there in most situations. I'm definitely not comfortable with those temps.

I'm actually returning the 9900X for a 10980XE when the store gets it- so I'll be applying much better thermal paste than what came with the Corsair H150i Pro. Now that I'm running the BIOS to support the new chip, it should just be a matter of changing the IOCPUNumber from 19 to 35 before removing the 9900X and dropping the new processor in.
4.2/4.3 GHz(boost)is normal clock for this processor on heavy load. 3.7 isn't. Maybe 3.7GHz on low applications. BUT your temps is not normal even at 4.3GHz on heavy loads

Last edited:
4.2/4.3 Ghz(boost)is normal clock for this processor on heavy load. 3.7 isn't. Maybe 3.7Ghz on low applications. BUT your temps is not normal even at 4.3Ghz on heavy loads

But why are my temps so high? 97-98 C is insane to sustain no?

But why are my temps so high? 97-98 C is insane to sustain no?
First unplug your power cable. Do a clear CMOS. Plug power cable, start PC and go quickly to bios. Now all parameters is default - don't touch any parameter for boot MacOs. Do not put XPM profile. Look at temps on bios - put "advanced mod" if needed. Reply here
If you are don't have another PC or Mac, put your hackintosh parameters after take temps for start and reply

Ps.: I'm in France, it's 3:00h pm here; I go sleep now....after your reply, I will return later....

Last edited:
First unplug your power cable. Do a clear CMOS. Plug power cable, start PC and go quickly to bios. Now all parameters is default - don't touch any parameter for boot MacOs. Do not put XPM profile. Look at temps on bios - put "advanced mod" if needed. Reply here
If you are don't have another PC or Mac, put your hackintosh parameters after take temps for start and reply

Ps.: I'm in France, it's 3:00h pm here; I go sleep now....after your reply, I will return later....

Tried this earlier, my idle temps are the same now (35 C) but load is still high.

Some humor to break things up for a second ... :lol:

B92443B7-5E7B-4A13-80B3-9679C4C18F7E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back