Contribute
Register

ASUS X-299 Deluxe II - Thunderbolt Solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is very odd. So PC00 works, but modifying it to PCI0 doesn't work? When left to PC00, the WiFi card works with functional WiFi?

I've further updated my repo to include the RX580 as a Slot-1 impl. and moved the 5700XT to the Slot-3 impl. Both load fine and I've further corrected the audio naming for both as you can see in this screenshot. In my prior screenshot, the audio interface is listed separately but was not named correctly.

Edit: Relating to the OP of Thunderbolt implementation, I have modified KGP's SSDT to conform to this motherboard and have working TB3 as you can see in the screenshot below. The two USB-C ports in his SSDT were named SSP01 and SSP02 whereas the DSDT from this motherboard reports them as SS03 and SS04. Correcting that lists the USB-C controller under PCI devices as well.

View attachment 448276
It's on board thunderbolt? It's the same for Mojave 10,14,6? Thank You

It's on board thunderbolt? It's the same for Mojave 10,14,6? Thank You

10.15.3 seems to have broken myTB3 SSDT. I still haven't figured out the correct patches.

I have no experience with 10.14.x on this motherboard.

Hey, guys!

Before I would like to congratulate you for the work you do for the community !
I had a Thunderbolt issue on Mojave 10.14.6, when I disconnect my UAD Apollo thunderbolt 3, the hackinsoth freeze. So, hotplug doesn't work, too. Do you have maybe a solution ?

Then USB port seems not really stable. Some devices take the time to mount.
Voila :)

Build:
X299 DELUXE II BIOS 0802
10940X
128GB RAM 4x32
VEGA 56

Big Thanks!

Last edited:
Other things, impossible to boot with latest 3006 BIOS. Each time " randomseed " back to 0802 version.

Hey, guys! I decided to install Catalina 10.15.3, then used the Dez's EFI, and it works very well.
So many thanks for Dez! :)

Little remarks: the Thunderbolt works well overall, but the hotplug worked once. Once started, it did not work. I had to restart. I read that the integrated Bluetooth worked natively, I did not find how...

Thank you again for your contributions.

Reactions: dez
Hey, guys! I decided to install Catalina 10.15.3, then used the Dez's EFI, and it works very well.
So many thanks for Dez! :)

Little remarks: the Thunderbolt works well overall, but the hotplug worked once. Once started, it did not work. I had to restart. I read that the integrated Bluetooth worked natively, I did not find how...

Thank you again for your contributions.

Work on the TB3 SSDT isn't complete. I haven't been able to work on it for a little over 2 weeks now. Hope to resume this week. I have recently figured out some more ACPI paths which are incorrectly mapped in my current SSDT.

Onboard Bluetooth works out of the box. Just enable it from the BIOS. No step 2.

Work on the TB3 SSDT isn't complete. I haven't been able to work on it for a little over 2 weeks now. Hope to resume this week. I have recently figured out some more ACPI paths which are incorrectly mapped in my current SSDT.

Onboard Bluetooth works out of the box. Just enable it from the BIOS. No step 2.
Cool and many thanks! About the Bluetooth, I still enabled it in the BIOS, but does not work.

• Love
Reactions: dez
Cool and many thanks! About the Bluetooth, I still enabled it in the BIOS, but does not work.

Further discussion can be done on a separate thread here or feel free to open an issue on the GitHub repo. Lets not crowd the discussion for a separate topic.

hi Dez, did you progress on thunderbolt support ?
thanks

hi Dez, did you progress on thunderbolt support ?
thanks
Sorry for the late response, please check my Repo. I have updated the EFI folder. Specifically the TB3 SSDT and USB mapping kext for my respective board. If your board differs, you can select the correct one from KGP’s repo or make your own. It’s very important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back