Contribute
Register

ASUS X-299 Deluxe II - Thunderbolt Solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, honestly I only have 5 ACPI patches and all the PCI slots work, including PCIX1_1 and PCIX16_3 which is running at 8x with a dual NVME raid card in it and the bios set to CPU Storage for that slot. There are a total of 5 NVME drives, 2 Radeon VII's and the Broadcom card all on the PCI bus and all of which work if I don't try to patch it for some reason.

The other odd thing I noticed even when I ran your EFI is that the HDMI audio outs for the Radeon's were showing up on separate PCI slots as the cards themselves. In your screenshot it was on the same slot.

That is very odd. So PC00 works, but modifying it to PCI0 doesn't work? When left to PC00, the WiFi card works with functional WiFi?

I've further updated my repo to include the RX580 as a Slot-1 impl. and moved the 5700XT to the Slot-3 impl. Both load fine and I've further corrected the audio naming for both as you can see in this screenshot. In my prior screenshot, the audio interface is listed separately but was not named correctly.

Edit: Relating to the OP of Thunderbolt implementation, I have modified KGP's SSDT to conform to this motherboard and have working TB3 as you can see in the screenshot below. The two USB-C ports in his SSDT were named SSP01 and SSP02 whereas the DSDT from this motherboard reports them as SS03 and SS04. Correcting that lists the USB-C controller under PCI devices as well.

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 6.53.22 PM.png

That is very odd. So PC00 works, but modifying it to PCI0 doesn't work? When left to PC00, the WiFi card works with functional WiFi?

I've further updated my repo to include the RX580 as a Slot-1 impl. and moved the 5700XT to the Slot-3 impl. Both load fine and I've further corrected the audio naming for both as you can see in this screenshot. In my prior screenshot, the audio interface is listed separately but was not named correctly.

Edit: Relating to the OP of Thunderbolt implementation, I have modified KGP's SSDT to conform to this motherboard and have working TB3 as you can see in the screenshot below. The two USB-C ports in his SSDT were named SSP01 and SSP02 whereas the DSDT from this motherboard reports them as SS03 and SS04. Correcting that lists the USB-C controller under PCI devices as well.

View attachment 448276

Yes, when left at PC00 the wifi works in the PCIX1_1 slot, but not when using PCIO. Just like you, the hardware shows up but the software isn't seeing it for some reason. There have been other reports of the "Localization Strings" issue on real Macs after Catalina as well so I can't tell if it's a hack issue, or a software issue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 9.00.23 AM copy.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 9.00.23 AM copy.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: dez
Yes, when left at PC00 the wifi works in the PCIX1_1 slot, but not when using PCIO. Just like you, the hardware shows up but the software isn't seeing it for some reason. There have been other reports of the "Localization Strings" issue on real Macs after Catalina as well so I can't tell if it's a hack issue, or a software issue.

I faced this issue on both my X99 and X299 setups with x1 slots. X16 slots always worked fine. Also, only faced this with Catalina. So it could be the culprit. Does leaving out the PCI0 mapping present any side effects for you?

I faced this issue on both my X99 and X299 setups with x1 slots. X16 slots always worked fine. Also, only faced this with Catalina. So it could be the culprit. Does leaving out the PCI0 mapping present any side effects for you?
If I leave out the PCI0 mapping then none of the other patches load from your repo and it KPs when loading up the USB buses.

I am actually about to make a fresh installer with your patches and see if wifi works from a base system boot with them. From reading the problems with the "localizable strings" wifi issue on real Macs, it sounds like a Catalina issue when updating.

Solved: I did a fresh install on a separate NVME drive and by booting your EFI I figured out that the PCIX1 slots are on a separate PCI bus thanks to your tip about the front USB-C 3.1 port.

In addition to disabling the front USB 3.1 port in the bios and using the patch PC00 -> PCI0, you need to add the additional patch in Clover ACPI:

Code:
PC01->PCI1 FIND: 50433031 REPLACE: 50434931

Also, I selected "FixAirport"

Thanks for the great EFI dez! I now have an almost perfect system. Just need to figure out how to get the hdmi audio to work on the 2 Radeon VIIs in separate slots.

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 3.35.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 6.55.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 6.45.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 6.55.43 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 6.45.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 6.45.28 PM.png
    258.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 6.44.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 6.44.02 PM.png
    144.3 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: dez
Solved: I did a fresh install on a separate NVME drive and by booting your EFI I figured out that the PCIX1 slots are on a separate PCI bus thanks to your tip about the front USB-C 3.1 port.

In addition to disabling the front USB 3.1 port in the bios and using the patch PC00 -> PCI0, you need to add the additional patch in Clover ACPI:

Code:
PC01->PCI1 FIND: 50433031 REPLACE: 50434931

Also, I selected "FixAirport"

Thanks for the great EFI dez! I now have an almost perfect system. Just need to figure out how to get the hdmi audio to work on the 2 Radeon VIIs in separate slots.

View attachment 448326
View attachment 448331View attachment 448328View attachment 448330
Excellent progress. Your audio interfaces from the GPUs have their individual separate entires in the PCI list. I have updated my EFI repo earlier today to handle this mapping for my 5700XT. The Mapping for these GPUs goes as > PCIx > BRne > EGP0 > GFXn. Also remember to adapt the device-ids accordingly and you’ll have those cosmetics displaying correctly too.

Question: is the PC01 to PCI01 necessary? We’d similarly have to adopt the PC02 to PCI2 naming as well.

Excellent progress. Your audio interfaces from the GPUs have their individual separate entires in the PCI list. I have updated my EFI repo earlier today to handle this mapping for my 5700XT. The Mapping for these GPUs goes as > PCIx > BRne > EGP0 > GFXn. Also remember to adapt the device-ids accordingly and you’ll have those cosmetics displaying correctly too.

Question: is the PC01 to PCI01 necessary? We’d similarly have to adopt the PC02 to PCI2 naming as well.

I thought the same thing and originally when I noticed that the board was displaying 4 different PCI buses I entered the patches to remap all 4 but that didn't seem to work and the wifi still didn't show up. When I disabled the PC03 and PC04 patches, the wifi popped up on the next reboot. I am wondering if there is a difference between mapping the PCI devices handled by the CPU and the PCI devices handled by the chipset.

I'll have to take a look at the GPU SSDT's again today. I tried to patch them yesterday with no results.

One other edit:

At least for my system, I also needed to add the AirportBCRMFixup after I started getting KP's on reboot after clearing the kernel caches. Once that was dropped in Kexts/Other its back to booting consistently.

Hello guys, I have my setup finally working, I have some Issues:

My setup:
x299 Deluxe II
10980x
128gb ram
NMv 1 tb
1080 ti
2080 ti

1.- Sleep. after sleep mode the computer doesn't come back, I need to restart.
2.- The processor when I go to about this mac, the processor says: 3ghz undefined or unknown (something like that)
3.- there is a good guide to do the ssdt of the computer? all my USB are working great, but I think the power management is not.
4.- my second graphic card is a 2080 ti( that appears like display 5.0mb on my system preferences.) how to approach this? should i reinstall the nvidia drivers?

I'm looking for any hint, opinion or guide that help me to fix this issues.

Thank you All!

Hello guys, I have my setup finally working, I have some Issues:

My setup:
x299 Deluxe II
10980x
128gb ram
NMv 1 tb
1080 ti
2080 ti

1.- Sleep. after sleep mode the computer doesn't come back, I need to restart.
2.- The processor when I go to about this mac, the processor says: 3ghz undefined or unknown (something like that)
3.- there is a good guide to do the ssdt of the computer? all my USB are working great, but I think the power management is not.
4.- my second graphic card is a 2080 ti( that appears like display 5.0mb on my system preferences.) how to approach this? should i reinstall the nvidia drivers?

I'm looking for any hint, opinion or guide that help me to fix this issues.

Thank you All!

dez posted a great efi folder for this board up in this thread which should address a lot of issues. The one it won't solve though is that Nvidia GPU's aren't supported above 10.13.6. There are no drivers for Nvidia cards for Mac OS 10.14 or 10.15 or any way to get them to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back