Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Asus vivobook x512fa ej550t not booting to installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down guys, let's all just try to help each other.
Everyone has different tolerances for technical work.
I would love it if it just worked with no effort, but here we are trying to figure it all out so the next person doesn't have to go through all the effort.
I have a TP412FA, and I'm trying out your best EFI with Catalina

With your bestEFI mine hangs on scanning for entries, not sure if is the NVMe drive or not.
Going to keep trying...
you are right. I went out of the line. Sorry. I have decided to ditch clover and have moved to opencore. I have installed Catalina and got the sound and brightness/uhd 630 working. I will share the efi over here later because I am on a mobile right now. Thanks for changing the mood here!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure he will be around when he gets the chance.
I'm prepping a USB with opencore in the mean time...

I'm sure he will be around when he gets the chance.
I'm prepping a USB with opencore in the mean time...
Thanks for waiting. Use this open core folder that I am using and you will be able to install and brightness/gfx with acceleration and audio will work. I am trying to fix the elan 1300 trackpad and the battery to get most of the things on this laptop working. Thanks for the wait!! I have been working on getting open core to boot on this for a while. Thanks and good luck!!!!

Attachments

• OC folder with required files for tmx86.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 94
Hey aruchiru2,
Thanks for posting this.
It did not work on the TP412FA for me as it was hanging on the apple icon for 20 minutes.
I'll see if I can make it work with changes.

Hey aruchiru2,
Thanks for posting this.
It did not work on the TP412FA for me as it was hanging on the apple icon for 20 minutes.
I'll see if I can make it work with changes.
The opencore efi I shared will not work because you have completely different hardware. A 10th gen processor and I have 8th gen so graphics will be different. You will have a different motherboard. I suggest very strongly that you should make your own efi from scratch using this link :https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

They are very helpful and it is fairly straightforward but it takes time. Using opencore also teaches you a lot so do give it a try. Thanks and good luck!!

any update?
Hello Sahil,
Did you try to use my efi and install macOS Catalina? please feel free to ask questions.

Thanks and good luck!!

Thanks for your input aruchiru2, I have been working through the USB setup from scratch as well.
Hopefully I'll get to work.

Thanks for your input aruchiru2, I have been working through the USB setup from scratch as well.
Hopefully I'll get to work.
I am sure you can get a perfect hackintosh. All it takes is time and patience. I have not been able to fix my battery indicator and my elan 1300 trackpad. Most other things work.

Thanks and good luck!!!!!!!

Hey @aruchiru2 thanks for your help and inspiration, I did finally get it working last week.
Still a few things to get sorted out, but it has been working great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back