Contribute
Register

Asus VivoBook S400CA - Webcam Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Windows is Windows, OS X is OS X, and Linux is Linux... The drivers don't mix.

That's what I thought, but thanks for clarifying :D

Now a quick question. Is the camera able to be seen in DSDT or no since it's USB?

I found this device in my native DSDT and it looks familiar but I'm probably just going off to nowhere here:

Code:
        Device (DCAM)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x02)  // _ADR: Address
            Method (_PLD, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PLD: Physical Location of Device
            {
                Return (CAPD)
            }
        }

And here's CAPD:

Code:
    {
        Name (CAPD, Package (0x01)
        {
            Buffer (0x14)
            {
                /* 0000 */   0x82, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x14, 0x00, 0x14, 0x00,
                /* 0008 */   0x25, 0x1D, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
                /* 0010 */   0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF
            }
        })

Just wondering ...

Cheers!

That's what I thought, but thanks for clarifying :D

Now a quick question. Is the camera able to be seen in DSDT or no since it's USB?

There can be DSDT entries that augment (for example, _PLD which describes "Physical Location of Device") the information, but the device is detected just because it is on USB.

There can be DSDT entries that augment (for example, _PLD which describes "Physical Location of Device") the information, but the device is detected just because it is on USB.

Alright, thanks. I guess there's no other solution then eh? :think:

Cheers!

Alright, thanks. I guess there's no other solution then eh? :think:

Cheers!

Not that I know of... But of course, I haven't done extensive google searching/research on it as my laptops don't have that issue (and the camera isn't a big deal to me either).

Not that I know of... But of course, I haven't done extensive google searching/research on it as my laptops don't have that issue (and the camera isn't a big deal to me either).

alright, thanks for your help nonetheless. I'll do research and see if I can get something working :D

cheers!

alright, thanks for your help nonetheless. I'll do research and see if I can get something working :D

cheers!

If you find any info, please post- the sum total of my research was the advice i already gave- and yes it is a messy workaround! People with real macs and usb cams use those camera managers too btw.

I did mess around with an automator script to automagically load camera manager when facetime or skype is started- can share this if your interested...

If you find any info, please post- the sum total of my research was the advice i already gave- and yes it is a messy workaround! People with real macs and usb cams use those camera managers too btw.

I did mess around with an automator script to automagically load camera manager when facetime or skype is started- can share this if your interested...

I have as well :lol: Check here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/149863-laptops-uvc-camera-compatibility.html

Cheers!

I have the asus q301la and have a similar problem.
I do notice that I can take pictures (didn't try video) photo booth app, but the 'live feed' from the app is not displayed on the screen.

I have the asus q301la and have a similar problem.
I do notice that I can take pictures (didn't try video) photo booth app, but the 'live feed' from the app is not displayed on the screen.

Yea :think: I've read around that having a camera w/o a serial number causes problems sometimes ... although I have no real solution ATM except to use apps like Camera Control, but I'm looking into it and We'll see if we can come up with a solution, because that would be legendary imo. :D

Example of camera w/o S/N:

ASUS USB2.0 Webcam:

Product ID: 0x2883
Vendor ID: 0x1bcf (Sunplus Innovation Technology Inc.)
Version: 4.29
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: 04G626000611BQ2CH001L53
Location ID: 0x1a120000 / 4
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500

As you see there's no S/N, and here's a post explaining that: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/140757-asus-k40in-webcam-not-working.html

Hopefully we'll find a solution as I said earlier.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back