Contribute
Register

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-PLUS WiFi D4 | Alder Lake i7-12700K | AMD Radeon RX580

I can confirm that BIOS 2403 is the latest stable and working BIOS if you want to be able to boot into macOS. All later BIOS versions result in a black boot screen with the Apple icon and nothing else. In other words, DO NOT upgrade your motherboard BIOS beyond 2403.
I'm on 2703 everything ok now but didn't boot first time because opencore/booter/quirks virtual map was disabled.

I'm on 2703 everything ok now but didn't boot first time because opencore/booter/quirks virtual map was disabled.
So after setting config.plist --> Booter --> Quirks --> SetupVirtualMap --> True, it boots into macOS without any issue?

And prior to that, you could NOT boot into macOS? Did you get the same black screen as I did? Many thanks.

Updated: After applying the SetupVirtualMap quirks as @zappy39 suggested above, the system boots into macOS Sonoma without any issues. This is the latest BIOS 2802 version.

Last edited:
So after setting config.plist --> Booter --> Quirks --> SetupVirtualMap --> True, it boots into macOS without any issue?

And prior to that, you could NOT boot into macOS? Did you get the same black screen as I did? Many thanks.

Updated: After applying the SetupVirtualMap quirks as @zappy39 suggested above, the system boots into macOS Sonoma without any issues. This is the latest BIOS 2803 version.
I saw on Asus Web the latest ver is 2802 ! Also when I upgrade to this ver I couldn't boot ( stuck at Apple logo ! I did like you said : check mark on SetupVirtualMap in Config.plist----> Booter---> Quirks.
Note :I edit in OCAuxiliaryTools.
Could you please help !

Last edited:
I solved it...edit in proper tree setupvirtualMap ---> true and I can boot up Somona. Thank you anyway Frontgear !

Last edited:
I saw on Asus Web the latest ver is 2802 ! Also when I upgrade to this ver I couldn't boot ( stuck at Apple logo ! I did like you said : check mark on SetupVirtualMap in Config.plist----> Booter---> Quirks.
Note :I edit in OCAuxiliaryTools.
Could you please help !
You're absolutely correct. It was a typo; should have been 2802, not 2803.

So it works with latest bios but I don't know why wifi won't work I don't get it.what need's changing to get WiFi to work.this is with any open core or efi form here WiFi won't work.

So it works with latest bios but I don't know why wifi won't work I don't get it.what need's changing to get WiFi to work.this is with any open core or efi form here WiFi won't work.
Yeah my wifi won't work but I use Wire. Sorry for that... I think you my try OCLT.. I heard that it will fix Wifi. Good luck !

Yeah my wifi won't work but I use Wire. Sorry for that... I think you my try OCLT.. I heard that it will fix Wifi. Good luck !
How come the other file I uploaded WiFi works but with this it won't work.joke.

Your WiFi not working in Ventura or not working in Sonoma?

Back