Contribute
Register

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-PLUS WiFi D4 | Alder Lake i7-12700K | AMD Radeon RX580

Have you tried modifying the BIOS to boot into the macOS EFI as the primary boot partition? I assume that you have 2 different SSDs or HDs and one is macOS, yes?
Exactly, I have 2 ssd drives, 1 for mac and 1 for windows. I booted to the mac drive but it still goes straight to windows

Exactly, I have 2 ssd drives, 1 for mac and 1 for windows. I booted to the mac drive but it still goes straight to windows
See my other post about CFG-Unlock

Just a quick note to let everyone know that macOS Ventura 13.5 breaks the Bluetooth on this motherboard with the Broadcom BCM94360CD card (same as Fenvi t919). The system would go to sleep but upon wake up, bluetooth would be disabled and/or take a long time to reconnect. Sometimes bluetooth is disabled until a subsequent reboot. Clearing NVRAM does not resolve the issue.

There was no such issue on Ventura 13.4 or 13.4.1 so I ended up downgrading to 13.4.1 and everything works like a charm again.
I suffer the same problem with Bluetooth operating with 13.5 and 13.5.1. So, I'm throwing out the question, has a fix been found?

I suffer the same problem with Bluetooth operating with 13.5 and 13.5.1. So, I'm throwing out the question, has a fix been found?
On my Comet Lake system, I've experienced similar issues starting with macOS Monterey. Such behavior was resolved by disabling USBWakeFixup.kext and SSDT-USBW.aml, but the problem came back in Ventura 13.0 and as a temporary workaround, I've had to use Bluesnooze until the issue was resolved in Ventura 13.3. But above all, manually setting the memory frequency to 2933MHZ or lower fixed everything. I no longer need to disable USBWakeFixup.kext and this also eliminated "Disk not ejected properly" messages on wake when USB disks are connected.

Hi Frontgear, I'm new to Hackintoshing but not new to Opencore, I have a 4,1->5,1 Mac Pro that I've been messing with for some years now, so I know the basics.
I have read Dortania's guide already, but since it doesn't cover 12th or 13th gen CPUs and 600 chipsets I got stuck and while searching for something that could guide me or that I could use as a reference I stumbled upon your build, yours is the closest one I have found, but not quite the same.

My build new build:
TUF GAMING Z690-plus WIFI but DDR5 version, latest BIOS.
Intel i7 13700K
64GB corsair DDR5 5200Mhz XMP.
RX 5500XT 8GB
NVME drives (Windows already on one, other for MacOS)

Would your EFI work for my build?
I know I would need to adjust it, but not sure what and where.
If you could kindly guide me as to what to adjust or point me to a guide so I can learn and get it up and running and be capable of doing updates and maintenance myself I would greatly appreciate it.

@ThiagodelaT

Just a few possible changes that I could think of:

• Use the latest OpenCore 0.9.4 and associated kexts
• Check the BIOS settings as per the original post
• Make sure your BIOS is patched if you want to use attached EFI. Otherwise, see Notes 3 section in the original post
config.plist > NVRAM > Add > 4D1FDA02... > change revcpuname to <16-Core Intel i7-13700K>
• Pay attention to whether you will be using a Fenvi t919 card or the built-in Intel WiFi/Bluetooth connectivity. If using a Fenvi then you do not need any additional kexts
• Modify boot-args to include agdpmod=pikera (you have an RX 5500XT)
• Your USB mappings should be the same as mine

I don't have any experience installing a macOS while Windows OS is present but I would recommend that you remove the Windows NVMe drive before installing macOS. Once everything is working properly in macOS, reconnect the Windows drive.

Please keep us updated on how the installation goes!

Last edited:
Have you tried this? Please let us know if this fixes the issue in 13.5 or 13.5.1.

Back