Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX Z590E

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kextstat command does nothing to make it work. It only gives the current status of those kexts, if loaded.

I'd suggest trying every possible device-id instead of enabling FakePCIID and the related kext.

Try to add nvram boot-arg alcid=# like screenshot but none of them work.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 6.43.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 6.43.38 PM.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 23
Try to add nvram boot-arg alcid=# like screenshot but none of them work.
I assume you rebooted and reset NVRAM after each attempt.
Is the device-id correctly set in DeviceProperties?

Edit: Sorry, I meant layout-id.

Last edited by a moderator:
I
I assume you rebooted and reset NVRAM after each attempt.
Is the device-id correctly set in DeviceProperties?

Edit: Sorry, I meant layout-id.

I never reset NVRAM after rebort. :banghead:

this is my DeviceProperties:

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 8.55.34 AM.png

I never reset NVRAM after rebort. :banghead:
Resetting NVRAM after any configuration change in config.plist is usually advisable.

If those settings in DeviceProperties are recommended in the Dortania guide (for your board), and they still don't work, perhaps FakePCIID is needed afterall.

You could also try removing the boot-args entry completely, if both device-id and layout-id are correct.

CSM is required to be on for the RX 580 (other settings can still favour UEFI), but he hasn't received it yet, so it can be off in the meantime when only using the iGPU.

That simple distinction with CSM initially cost me a significant loss of time when setting up (<-) this system.
I got the card now so now im really trying to get install goin lol

Sorry to hear that. You can try my EFI here if you wish which uses OC 0.6.8. I have prepared it especially for Z490 based Asus motherboards running Comet Lake. All you need to do is add your SMBIOS, ROM and UUID values plus agdpmod=pikera at the NVRAM boot-arg section (to enable your RX580) and you should be good to go from Catalina 10.15.2 onwards. It is based on my Z490 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme (build signature below).

As your i5-10600K uses 00009BC5 for the IGPU, you don't need to swap anything for the IGPU device properties. But do make sure your BIOS settings are set to be hackintosh-compatible ie. XHCI handoff-enabled, CSM off, VT-d off, IGPU enabled, CFGLock off, Secure Boot off, SATA to AHCI mode, Above 4G Decoding enabled, Resizeable bar off.
Tried you settings got me as far as the attached picture shows!

Attachments

• IMG_0307.jpeg
    IMG_0307.jpeg
    891.9 KB · Views: 27
Tried you settings got me as far as the attached picture shows!
From the errors I see you're getting it looks like you are using OC 0.7.5? Why didn't you stick with OC 0.6.8?
It works with Big Sur and Monterey.

If you are using Opencore Configurator I'd suggest you try version 2.35.0.0, as you should only edit OC with the same-dated version of Opencore Configurator (or near to OC release date as possible).

From the errors I see you're getting it looks like you are using OC 0.7.5? Why didn't you stick with OC 0.6.8?
It works with Big Sur and Monterey.

If you are using Opencore Configurator I'd suggest you try version 2.35.0.0, as you should only edit OC with the same-dated version of Opencore Configurator (or near to OC release date as possible).
I didnt change anything from your upload!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back