Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming Motherboard specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pressing the power button (~ 4 seconds) to shut down your system might give you less problems.

Didn't work in the scenario I mentioned, completely frozen and had to be unplugged.

Last edited:
Good idea! Is it necessary to disable SIP before rebuilding cache?
Good question. I don't know the answer to this (will have to do some research). I think I've read though, that if you install new kexts in L/E or S/L/E, then it's best to rebuild your kextcache (then reboot) to see these new changes reflected in macOS.
When in doubt start fresh! HWMonitor working fine - now I'll have to pay attention to all this.
That looks great now. I'm glad you've got things working now and, like you said, if in doubt start anew :) I see that you're also using FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext. I'll have to try this out - it caused my GPU fan to spin up on boot on my previous motherboard - hopefully it will work with no issues on my new one.

I see that you're also using FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext. I'll have to try this out - it caused my GPU fan to spin up on boot on my previous motherboard - hopefully it will work with no issues on my new one.

Actually, the GPU for this run is a Nvidia GTX 670 which I use for installs because the drivers are native to macOS. Be interesting to see what happens with web drivers for the GTX 1050 Ti.

BTW ... if you can recall, did you experience any instances where the HS install froze (@ 2 minutes before the restart?

BTW ... if you can recall, did you experience any instances where the HS install froze (@ 2 minutes before the restart?
I can't recall it freezing at any point. Though when I'm doing installations, I often go off and do something else (so I may have missed this). However, if the freeze caused the installer to crash, this didn't happen during my installation. (edited again: for clarity)

Last edited:
I decided to pick up this motherboard again for the i9-9900K, so I'll have more information on how the build goes in the next few days.

Regarding WiFi/BT combo, @pastrychef do you remember if the DW1830 works OOB and if the keyboard/trackpad connect automatically even when in BIOS/Clover?

I decided to pick up this motherboard again for the i9-9900K, so I'll have more information on how the build goes in the next few days.

Regarding WiFi/BT combo, @pastrychef do you remember if the DW1830 works OOB and if the keyboard/trackpad connect automatically even when in BIOS/Clover?

Wi-Fi worked OOB in macOS with the DW1830. Bluetooth required additional kexts.

I don't remember if keyboard/trackpad/mouse worked in BIOS, I think it did...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back