Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming Motherboard specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also found that the iMac18,3 SMBIOS works better with my i5-9600K CPU, than the iMac18,1 (I seem to get better CPU power management this way).

What do you notice different about CPU power management with SMBIOS iMac18,3?

Did SMBIOS iMac18,3 affect audio?

What do you notice different about CPU power management with SMBIOS iMac18,3?

Did SMBIOS iMac18,3 affect audio?
Hi, I've noticed that the CPU seems to ramp down better with the 18,3 SMBIOS. When my system is idle, it ramps down to 792 Mhz (x8 multiplier). I think my CPU had problems powering down with iMac18,1, and I seem to get slightly better temps with iMac18,3 according to HWMonitor.

However, I'm going to try and test this, as I've also moved from Slice's FakeSMC.kext to RehabMan's one recently, which reports CPU frequency more accurately on my PC, and may have had an influence on this.

Quick update: Changing to iMac18,1, my CPU only goes down to 1.29 Mhz (x13 multiplier) when idle. this is using Rehabman's FakeSMC. I don't know if changing to this SMBIOS has any other effects on CPU PM beyond this, though?

As far as audio goes, the iMac18,3 SMBIOS has no effect on this (as far as I can see), and audio is still working fine.

Last edited:
Hi, I've noticed that the CPU seems to ramp down better with the 18,3 SMBIOS. When my system is idle, it ramps down to 792 Mhz (x8 multiplier). I think my CPU had problems powering down with iMac18,1, and I seem to get slightly better temps with iMac18,3 according to HWMonitor.

Good to know! Where did you download HWMonitor for High Sierra?

So you have to had EmuVariableUEFI.kext loaded and re-run clover boot loader to install RC script (This fixed my restart/shutdown issue)

That's good! So we don't confuse anybody, it's EmuVariableUEFI.efi in UEFI Drivers - not a kext in kexts/Other.

Did you have to add USBInjectAll.kext to get your mouse/keyboard working after installing Clover on your internal drive?

Good to know! Where did you download HWMonitor for High Sierra?
Hi, you can get RehabMan's FakeSMC package from here. Inside the zip, you'll find the HWMonitor.app. Just install it into Applications and - once you run it - it lives in the menubar, and lets you view real-time stats about your machine.

For good results, I also recommend installing FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext & FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext in kexts/Other, if you haven't already done so.

I'm also happy to report that sleep is now working on my Z390 system, with GPU acceleration now enabled, and a recently created USBPorts.kext using FB-Patcher (I'm impressed how easy the app made this process). The only slight niggle, is that it takes a further press of the keyboard to wake the system after the initial resume from sleep (which I'm sure somebody's already mentioned).

The only slight niggle, is that it takes a further press of the keyboard to wake the system after the initial resume from sleep (which I'm sure somebody's already mentioned).

Same thing happens on ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO - might be another Z390 quirk.

I'm sure that proper support for sound will be coming soon
Proper audio support is available.
Typo: Mojave/Desktop working audio, AppleALC.kext_v1.3.8 or newer
Correct: Mojave/Desktop working audio, AppleALC.kext_v1.2.8 or newer
Post #123, edited

For good results, I also recommend installing FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext & FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext in kexts/Other, if you haven't already done so.

Using RehabMan's texts on Z390M-PRO | i7 8700 -> HWMonitor has display for Samsung SSD temp and life, and nothing else.
Wondering if your 9th Gen. CPU is more in sync with Z390 board. Any thoughts?

@NZRichard - I'm just wondering, are you also using RehabMan's FakeSMC.kext (from the same ZIP package)? And the FakeSMC, FakeSMC_CPUSensors & FakeSMC_LPCSensors kexts (version 2018-0915) are all placed in Clover/kexts/Other? Also, I'm not using any DSDTs or SSDTs in APCI/patched (though I think this shouldn't matter).

I've attached a pic of what my HWMonitor shows, just for reference. Using an 8th Gen CPU shouldn't cause any issues - I guess it would only be more compatible. I'll also see if I can think of anything else that I do to make this work on my PC.

Attachments

• HWMonitor.png
    HWMonitor.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
I thought the lawsuit was between Apple and Qualcomm, not with Broadcom. That said, given that Z390 supports WiFI/BT5 in the chipset itself, there is a high chance that Apple might start adopting CNVi in the next generation Macs, I agree with you on that side. Apple just started adopting Intel cards on iPhones, which is a step in the right direction. The other piece that wasn't working was Audio, no matter what I tried, it just didn't work. Which it could be ok given that I primarily use bluetooth anyway Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate
Yes, exactly the trial was between Apple and Qualcomm not with Broadcom,
and thanks for all this useful information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back