Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG GL551JK fully working on Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eureka i find it!!!
I've just Applied patch "7-series/8-series USB" and also "USB 3 PRW(0x6D) and Rename XHC to XHC1" patches to my DSDT file and voila! My Sleep mode WORK PERFECTLY :headbang:

The "USB 3 PRW(0x63)..." patch is a result of things I discovered working on my Lenovo u430.

It has been confirmed to help with "instant wake" using AppleUSBXHCI.kext in several other cases, so I added it to my general laptop repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

The "USB 3 PRW(0x63)..." patch is a result of things I discovered working on my Lenovo u430.

It has been confirmed to help with "instant wake" using AppleUSBXHCI.kext in several other cases, so I added it to my general laptop repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Thank you so much for your great work :)

It remains for me to disable my discrete graphic card (I've done it before my install from scratch with your post ;)) then I can try to install a wireless card to make this laptop 100% operational.

Thanks for the thread!
After some test i think that my USB port is not in USB 3.0 mode but in USB2.0 I feel the transfert a little bit slow...

Is it normal??
Capture d’écran 2015-06-03 à 17.14.32.png

Capture d’écran 2015-06-03 à 17.14.46.png

I use these kexts:
RealtekRTL8111.kext
AppleHDADisabler.kext
AsusNBFnKeys.kext
ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
ACPIBacklight.kext
FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
FakeSMC.kext
FakePCIID.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext

and applied these patches refering to USB:
"7-series/8-series USB"
"USB 3 PRW(0x6D) and Rename XHC to XHC1"

Thanks for the thread!
After some test i think that my USB port is not in USB 3.0 mode but in USB2.0 I feel the transfert a little bit slow...

Is it normal??
GenericUSBXHCI.kext

and applied these patches refering to USB:
"7-series/8-series USB"
"USB 3 PRW(0x6D) and Rename XHC to XHC1"

GenericUSBXHCI.kext should not be used on Yosemite.

Ok, so the best for me is to use "AppleUSBXHCI.kext" i have already patched with "USB _PRW(0x6D) and Rename XHC to XHC1"...

Correct.

Thanks! But It's an Apple Kext right? I didn't find it in my OS X partition where is it located ?

It is installed by the OS X installer. It is a plugin of IOUSBFamily.kext.

I deleted my GenericUSBXHCI.kext file and then restart (so i think it will use the AppleUSBXHCI.kext by default) then i try a copy of 10 GB from an external USB 3 HDD to my Desktop : it's take 4 minutes to copy against 1 minute with the GenericUSBXHCI.kext!!! Is it normal??

Edit : I fix this problem : repairing permission and rebuilding cache (then reboot) after deleting the GenericUSBXHC kext, now it's work and it's the same transfert speed : about 1 minute tocopy 10GB from the external HDD to my Desktop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back