Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG GL551JK fully working on Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello iskamyra ,
I allow myself to contact you, because like you , I own an Asus G551jm and I install Yosemite 10.10.
I have great function that does not.
This well longtemp do I try to make my Yosemite 100% functional, but without result of reelment .
Would t it possible that you send me your EFI clover and all the DSDT SSDT kext ?
(All element to make it functional 100 %).
I really would be in very reconnaisant allowing me to découvvir OSX .
For me , it's a dream to have OSX on pc .
I hope you will answer me !

Hi matmatz750, i didn't find yet the time to make my complete Thread for this good laptop but i'll send you the files you need.

For the EFI kexts i use theses :
ACPIBacklight.kext FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext
ACPIBatteryManager.kext FakeSMC.kext
FakePCIID.kext GenericUSBXHCI.kext

For EFI drivers64UEFI:
FSInject-64.efi OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi VBoxHfs-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

For the config.plist u must create it cause if u want to use iMessage u need your own "real" iMac to genereate the good code based on it's own SID.

View attachment ACPI.zipView attachment drivers64UEFI.zipView attachment kexts.zip

Hope it will help you

Hello
This my all kext and dsdt and ssdt for Asus G551J serial tested on my own G551JM
http://www.mediafire.com/download/aiewpii19u6is35/EFI.zip
you can test with your laptop This is make by EMlyDinEsH
working 99% except SD reader card (If you have any information for Realtek Card RTS5208 Device 5287:10EC please tell me)
attention: GenericUSBXHCI.kext is block sleep/wakeup i passed many week to findout why sleep/wakup doesnt work when i delete GenericUSBXHCI.kext all issue has gone.

Hello
This my all kext and dsdt and ssdt for Asus G551J serial tested on my own G551JM
http://www.mediafire.com/download/aiewpii19u6is35/EFI.zip
you can test with your laptop This is make by EMlyDinEsH
working 99% except SD reader card (If you have any information for Realtek Card RTS5208 Device 5287:10EC please tell me)
attention: GenericUSBXHCI.kext is block sleep/wakeup i passed many week to findout why sleep/wakup doesnt work when i delete GenericUSBXHCI.kext all issue has gone.

Hi,
I'm using your efi folder and i got this kernel panic.
Can u help me?

Attachments

• DSC_0390.jpg
    DSC_0390.jpg
    864.1 KB · Views: 120
Hi,
I'm using your efi folder and i got this kernel panic.
Can u help me?

Make sure you patch your own ACPI files. Using ACPI files from another computer is not a good idea.

ASUS ROG GL551JK fully working on 10.11 El Capitan

Updating thread info for El Capitan - sorry to everyone who waited for me to do more, and i mostly abandoned this. But thanks everyone who contributed keeping the thread going to help!

I tried the in-place update with Clover, but the reboot into "Install Mac OS" wouldn't boot. Couldn't figure out why that was so I booted up a USB drive made from Unibeast 6.0 and did the upgrade from there.

Currently all is working as well as before on Mavericks, and I'm on the way to figuring out what all I have done :)

Below is my Extensions list, revised to reflect what is current on my El Capitan install. Most of the driver kexts did not change but I actually deleted some that were not needed. At first the backlight was not working, so I tried to use the new IntelBacklight kext from RehabMan but it apparently isn't loading, or it's invisibly loading in the cache.

Here's a list of Extensions added or modified for the final install:

ACPIBatteryManager.kext v1.53 from RehabMan
AppleHDADisabler.kext v1.01 <--- goes along with VoodooHDA v.2.8.7 for audio to work
ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext v3.8 from Emily Dinesh
AsusNBFnKeys.kext v2.3 from Emily Dinesh
FakeSMC.kext v6.8.1307
RealtekRTL8111.kext v1.2.2 (probably not needed, System Info shows the one inside IONetworkingFamily is loaded instead)
VoodooHDA.kext v2.8.7

Along with these extensions there were DSDT edits to enable graphics acceleration on the HD 4600 and smooth things out. Basically I followed the guides here for the DSDT:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/153390-guide-lenovo-y50.html

The Lenovo y50 shares many of the core parts with this ASUS ROG GL551. The audio and trackpad drivers are different though - could not find any certain solution to use patched AppleHDA for audio for the ALC668, so I tried a few versions of VoodooHDA and it finally worked with the HDA Disabler kext.

In addition to the above listed kexts, I have the newest FakeSMC and RealtekRTL8111 in my EFI partition Clover kexts folder for 10.11 but I don't think they're loading from there at all. System Information shows the kexts all loading from /System/Library/Extensions where I left the older ones, and deleted the unnecessary ones.
I left the IntelBacklight kext only in the EFI kexts folder, along with the newer FakeSMC to test where they'd load from, and the System Info app only shows the /System folder ones loading.

BUT after removing ACPIBacklight kext from /S/L/E the system is loading AppleBacklight and I can control brightness again.

Somehow when I check my DSDT and SSDT that have been working all year with MacIASL, it won't compile now showing over 160 errors. I don't recall updating the app but something obviously changed there. Have to find the time to track down all those errors eventually with DSDT and SSDT but it's working well enough now that I'm not sweating those details.

I still prefer the overall look of Mavericks, but the Snow Leopard Exposé F9 key behavior has returned in El Capitan which I really missed. So I went ahead and updated to 10.11 after making a Clonezilla and Time Machine backup. So far The Captain seems very smooth and responsive graphically. I just wish they'd bring back the ole' F8 key Spaces feature, where you can get a bird's-eye view of all your desktop spaces etc.

Am I the only one these days just wishing for a new Snow Leopard? All the social features etc I could take or leave, but the user interface of Snow was the best to me. El Capitan is a little better in that regard.

Last edited:
...BUT after removing ACPIBacklight kext from /S/L/E the system is loading AppleBacklight and I can control brightness again.

AppleBacklight.kext is an incomplete solution without building a custom injector or patching the AppleBacklight Info.plist.

See here for ACPIBacklight: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

And here for IntelBacklight.kext: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-new-brightness-kext-intelbacklight-kext.html

Here's my Clover config file, several of these flags / options are necessary for it to boot.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Debug</key>
			<false/>
			<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Fixes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>FixUSB_1000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>NewWay_80000000</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
			<key>Name</key>
			<string>DSDT.aml</string>
			<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
			<false/>
			<key>SuspendOverride</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>PatchAPIC</key>
		<true/>
		<key>SSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>DropOem</key>
			<true/>
			<key>EnableC6</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Generate</key>
			<dict>
				<key>CStates</key>
				<true/>
				<key>PStates</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
			<key>MinMultiplier</key>
			<integer>8</integer>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Arguments</key>
		<string>slide=0 nv_disable=1</string>
		<key>Debug</key>
		<false/>
		<key>NeverHibernate</key>
		<true/>
		<key>Secure</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>XMPDetection</key>
		<string>Yes</string>
	</dict>
	<key>RtVariables</key>
	<dict>
	        <key>BooterConfig</key>
	        <string>0x28</string>
	        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
	        <string>0x3</string>
	</dict>
	<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>FakeID</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Audio</key>
			<dict>
				<key>Inject</key>
				<string>No</string>
			</dict>
			<key>IntelGFX</key>
			<string>0x04128086</string>
			<key>USB</key>
			<dict>
				<key>FixOwnership</key>
				<true/>
				<key>Inject</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
		</dict>
		<key>GUI</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Mouse</key>
			<dict>
				<key>DoubleClick</key>
				<integer>500</integer>
				<key>Enabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Mirror</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Speed</key>
				<integer>8</integer>
			</dict>
			<key>Scan</key>
			<true/>
			<key>ScreenResolution</key>
			<string>1600x900</string>
			<key>Theme</key>
			<string>applestyle</string>
		</dict>
		<key>Graphics</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<dict>
				<key>ATI</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Intel</key>
				<true/>
				<key>NVidia</key>
				<false/>
			</dict>
			<key>ig-platform-id</key>
			<string>0x0a260006</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>applestyle</string>
	</dict>
	<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>AppleRTC</key>
		<true/>
		<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
		<true/>
		<key>KernelCpu</key>
		<true/>
		<key>KernelLapic</key>
		<true/>
		<key>KernelPm</key>
		<true/>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array/>
	</dict>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
		<string>10/18/13</string>
		<key>BiosVendor</key>
		<string>Apple Inc.</string>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>MBP112.88Z.0138.B02.1310181745</string>
		<key>Board-ID</key>
		<string>Mac-35C1E88140C3E6CF</string>
		<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
		<key>BoardType</key>
		<integer>10</integer>
		<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
		<string>MacBook-Aluminum</string>
		<key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
		<key>ChassisType</key>
		<string>08</string>
		<key>Family</key>
		<string>MacBook Pro</string>
		<key>Manufacturer</key>
		<key>Memory</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Channels</key>
			<integer>2</integer>
			<key>SlotCount</key>
			<integer>2</integer>
		</dict>
		<key>Mobile</key>
		<true/>
		<key>ProductName</key>
		<string>MacBookPro11,2</string>
		<key>SerialNumber</key>
		<string>REMOVEDMINE</string>
		<key>Trust</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Version</key>
		<string>1.0</string>
	</dict>
	<key>SystemParameters</key>
	<dict>
		<key>NoCaches</key>
		<false/>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

One strange thing was that none of my "unsigned" aka Hackintosh kexts were removed from /S/L/E as the docs I've read say should happen when El Capitan is installed. But I did boot up with the CsrActiveConfig 0x3 flags in Clover, so I guess that my have disabled the "Incompatible Items" removal process.

AppleBacklight.kext is an incomplete solution without building a custom injector or patching the AppleBacklight Info.plist.

See here for ACPIBacklight: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

And here for IntelBacklight.kext: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-new-brightness-kext-intelbacklight-kext.html

Somehow it's loading the Apple-signed AppleBacklight kext and my System Prefs backlight slider is working. I may have already done the DSDT edit fix or rather SSDT since I believe my 4600 gpu is in the SSDT file.
At this point I'm just kind of amazed it's working generally, and I'm trying to recall what I did back in January when I did all the DSDT and SSDT editing etc to get Mavericks working.
This time I will do a better job of documenting things, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back