Contribute
Register

Asus Rampage III Gene - Install GUIDE for Mac OS X 10.6.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update...

Esata confirmed working. Very fast.

Also; installed xcode 4 and Itunes 10.5 updated my Ipod touch to IOS 5; everything is rock solid. Very happy with my build. Not installing IOS 5 on iphone 4 just yet; will wait till GM before I attempt.

Looks like I'm done; still want to rectify my restart/shutdown boot with the above messages and the onboard firewire. Other than that; this Hackintosh is a go! Extremely stable.

I'm off to install the new Asus RT-N56U N router that came with my 1tb black (that i put in esata external enclosure) My wireless G router has served me well the past 3 years, retiring it today (if my testing goes well)

Rampage II Gene 10.6.8 update working

Updated to OSX 10.6.8 via software update, restart when prompted. Everything is working as it was before.

I do not use onboard audio so I cannot report if it is working or not.

Re: Rampage II Gene 10.6.8 update working

kr33p3r said:
Updated to OSX 10.6.8 via software update, restart when prompted. Everything is working as it was before.

I do not use onboard audio so I cannot report if it is working or not.
I dont use onboard audio either but if you open System Preferences and go to sound You will have a selection of items in Play Sound effects through. If you do your audio is fine, if there isn't a list then you have no audio.

I see my firewire card; digicore audio (from digidesign driver) and Soundflower (from other software I use)

By habit I have onboard audio turned off in my bios (I used to have to do this for my Avid Pro Tools software) I'll turn it on and experiment.
UPDATE: Onboard Audio Seems to be working fine; I see options for front audio and line out in the back etc...
UPDATE 2; Listening via headphones port (front green) sounds great!

Also; any feedback on my problem above (restart/shutdown properly)? I'm worried I may corrupt my OSX drive if it's not shutting down/restarting properly.

And Sleep Mode; once it goes into sleep mode I cannot wake it up or restart; I have to do a hard shutdown.

Updated to 10.6.8 without a hitch

Ok, so does anyone have sleep working? I have still yet to track down any fixes...

With my Rampage III Gene system sleep just doesn't work on any operating system, Windows 7 or Linux doesn't work any better than OS X.

Interesting, I have sleep working just fine on my Win7 machine...don't remember the bios off the top of my head, but it is working...

I tried all versions from 0602 to current 0901 and situation is same with them all. Versions higher than 0602 also mess up cpu temperature sensor, with them cpu temperature is all the time close to 100 C. Funny when core temperature sensors still show the real temperature which is 30 - 40 C when idling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back