Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

I have been searching for a tuturial to install Mac Os X 10.6.7 on a Asus Rampage III Gene and i have gather some info and after a day of experiment i made it with everything fully working (except pausing the system - a common issue that has not been solved yet...).

So, you just need iBoot + Multibeast (Latest versions) and a retail DVD of Mac OS X 10.6 installer. (Oficial version from apple)

First, make sure that you have your Sata HD on sata 6GB/S port (Sata 3 ports - red Connectors).Don´t forget to set all interfaces to AHCI mode and ACPI to S3 mode in BIOS!!!
After that you can boot from iBoot cd. When you reach the boot selector, you must remove de iBoot cd and insert the Mac OS X 10.6 Install DVD. Wait a few seconds and then press F5 to refresh the list so you can find the DVD.
You must write "PCIRootUID=1" (without quotes) as boot flag for the DVD if you are not able to reach the installation wizard. (Don´t forget to limit disk partition to 1TB or you may not be able to boot from it due to Chameleon restrtions...)
After installing the Mac OS X you must boot again from the iBoot and then boot to Mac OS X recently installed.
On Mac OS X you must run update for 10.6.7 (may use combo update from apple website or apple software updater...). Do not restart your computer after finishing the update. Run Multibeast and then follow this installation tuturial depending on your graphics card. -> http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/03/ ... -from.html .
You must add the NEC USB 3.0 driver to enable USB 3.0 ports.
You can avoid installing audio and get latest VoodooHDA driver from here: http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/downloads/list
You can avoid Instant Menu option to if you want to have a chameleon timeout to boot options to make it boot automatically.
Reeboot the computer and make sure you don´t boot from the CD...
After booting you can enable 64 bit boot by editing com.apple.boot.plist (Extra folder) and replacing the "arch=i386" for "arch=x86_64".
To set chameleon timeout just make and entry similar to the others with Timeout as Key and the time as String...
Save and reeboot and enjoy!

Neobisc8

Hi can´t precise you that but try searching in google...But one thing is clear. Maximus and gene 3 have different socket and chipset. Try searching information about the socket and chipset running Mac OS X.

I saw some posts about it here in the forum.

Hi Neobisc8
Well....I could not even reach the first step !

Iboot says : unsupported card !
(and then it adds : unable to find drivers for this platform : ACPI, etc, etc.....
Do you have any idea about his trouble ?
What could be the problem about the ACPI ?
Regards

Hi!

What is your graphic card?
Dont forget to set all interface to AHCI mode in BIOS and ACPI in S3 mode!!!
Iboot must work in normal mode...
Tell me if it works.

Sure...Thx for answering so fast... ;)
The graphic card is a Radeon ATI HD 5450 (1 Gb)

AHCI and S3 mode set-up, still experiencing this trouble...

>>>> Unable to find drivers for this platform :\"ACPI\",\n"@/Users/navcom/builds/xnu-1540.9.26/iokit/kernel/IOPlatformexpert.cpp:1393

Is there any way to completely desengage ACPI on Rampage mobo's in order to avoid this problem ?
Shouldn't ACPI drivers be included in Mac Os DVD ?

Regards from France

You are unable to boot iboot right? So you dont reach boot selection menu?
Very strange...but try this iboot release:http://www.mediafire.com/?dl1wt8sslgvk7g0
Some ppl had KPanic like yours and used that release of 2.0 modified.

Well...actually I can reach the Iboot menu.

The fact is that I can't go any further...
I tried with the modified Iboot you've suggested, reached the Iboot menu, then loaded Mac Os disc along with the "-v" command, all I've got was this :

and...
This !!!

(note : the bios has been updated with latest asus version...)

Wait a second... When you reach the startup menu of iboot, you must switch the iboot cd to mac os x 10.6 retail dvd and then press F5 to refresh the list after 6 or 7 seconds of inserting the dvd. Then you must choose the DVD from the boot menu. If you try to boot iboot KPanic is granted...
You must boot the mac os x dvd with -PCIRootUID=1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back