Contribute
Register

Asus Rampage III Gene - Install GUIDE for Mac OS X 10.6.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

First of all i want to thank tony and everyone who made this extraordinary thing happen. I started yesterday morning to prepare everything for my system...

My system is:
Motherboard: Asus rampage III gene
CPU: Intel Core i7 950
RAM: 3x4 GB RAM Patriot triple channel memory (used only 1 bracket during the installation)
GPU: nVidia geforce 460 GTX (got it working using this driver http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-mac ... river.html )
DISK: OCZ Vertex 2 60 GB SSD (i have another OCZ vertex 2 60 GB SSD but i can't seem to find a good guide on how to install snow leopard on a RAID0 array)

Everything is working properly, i even installed my favorite game, StarCraft 2 on and it works flawlessly however 2 things i struggle to get them working are:
1. I can't boot directly from the drive without the help of Iboot CD
I've installed numbreous times the Multibeast i've installed the latest chimera bootloader and still can't boot without the Iboot CD
2. I have 12 GB RAM installed however the OS works with only 4 of them.
In the About this Mac window it's only 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 recognized and i checked the activity monitor it's only 4 GB ram recognized...

Any suggestions on how should i get these two things to work ?

P.S i've searched a lot over this issue and still not a decent answer...

Thanks for the awesome work guys....

-----------------------EDIT---------------------
The boot from the HD is sorted, I always selected easy install and the chimera bootloader from the bootloader option and that was the issue.... . I got it sorted by selecting easy option at first after that i got the bootloader sorted. After that i installed my kexts from Multibeast and everything is working properly... behalf Audio...

The RAM problem is also sorted using the same method as above.

I easly upgraded to OS X Lion by using tony's thread with the help of xmove.

The only problem remains Audio on SupremeFX x-FI II audio chip
I hear some clicky sounds and I even got some freezes if i play iTunes and when it freezes i can hear the last sound of the track that was playing continuously and the only thing i can do is to to a reset or to force the shut down by holding the power button for 5 seconds...
Using the latest voodoohda kext from multibeast...

Lion 10.7 10.7.1 installed - all working well

Installed Lion and recently Lion 10.7.1 via software update; all continues to work well.

Re: Lion 10.7 10.7.1 installed - all working well

kr33p3r said:
Installed Lion and recently Lion 10.7.1 via software update; all continues to work well.

Audio remains an issue, Although i noticed something, when i booted from iboot cd the audio worked flawlessly no clicky sounds nothing, don't know what audio kext does iboot uses but the audio works far more better than voodoohda kext.

Can someone please tell me what audio kext does iboot uses ?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back