Contribute
Register

Asus Q301LA-bsi5t17 (S301LA) – Yosemite Clover Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

First off, I got the graphical errors fixed thanks to you :)

Next, I have read through this post (and must I say it is thorough) but I still have Syntax errors even after patching. I am not sure what to do at this point. I followed the guide but couldn't go past the patching errors section. Any ideas on how to get rid of Syntax errors without patching?

In addition, when I try to boot from HDD not USB it doesnt boot. It shows me apple logo and then restarts. I have tried booting in verbose and safe. It gets hung up after it displays the drive's UUID. I assume this is something in clover or the bios? Have you seen this before?

Also, thank you soooo much for the help! I am forever in your debt. Do you have a donation link to buy you coffee or something?

Laptop - Asus Q301La - Intel HD4400 - Intel i5-4200U

First off, I got the graphical errors fixed thanks to you :)

Next, I have read through this post (and must I say it is thorough) but I still have Syntax errors even after patching. I am not sure what to do at this point. I followed the guide but couldn't go past the patching errors section. Any ideas on how to get rid of Syntax errors without patching?

Laptop - Asus Q301La - Intel HD4400 - Intel i5-4200U

All syntax errors should be fixed prior to applying any functional patch.

If you need help, post your files.

All syntax errors should be fixed prior to applying any functional patch.

If you need help, post your files.

I went through all of them and the only ones with errors View attachment DSDT_Files.zip

The only ones with errors in them are the DSDT file, SSDT-1, SSDT-8, and SSDT-11 file.

I thank you for all the help you have provided. Do you have a donation link? I noticed that a lot of developers and other people have donation links saying "Buy me a coffee" or something snazzy like that and I would love to buy you a coffee..

I went through all of them and the only ones with errors View attachment 137912

The only ones with errors in them are the DSDT file, SSDT-1, SSDT-8, and SSDT-11 file.

I thank you for all the help you have provided. Do you have a donation link? I noticed that a lot of developers and other people have donation links saying "Buy me a coffee" or something snazzy like that and I would love to buy you a coffee..

DSDT: "Fix ADBG Error"
SSDT-1: "Remove _PSS placeholders"
SSDT-8: ** no errors in SSDT-8.dsl
SSDT-11: ** no errors in SSDT-11.dsl

And yeah... I keep considering making a paypal link, but it really isn't important to me.

DSDT: "Fix ADBG Error"
SSDT-1: "Remove _PSS placeholders"
SSDT-8: ** no errors in SSDT-8.dsl
SSDT-11: ** no errors in SSDT-11.dsl

And yeah... I keep considering making a paypal link, but it really isn't important to me.

When I did the Fix ADBG Error for DSDT it only fixed one error.
The errors were fixed from SSDT-1 :)
I keep getting 2 errors in SSDT-8? (syntax: parseop_integer)
Also I keep getting 56 Errors in SSDT-11 (the error is mainly "Object is not accessible from this scope)

When I did the Fix ADBG Error for DSDT it only fixed one error.

Yes... with proper disassembly (according to the guide), it is the only error in the DSDT.dsl file.

The errors were fixed from SSDT-1 :)
I keep getting 2 errors in SSDT-8? (syntax: parseop_integer)
Also I keep getting 56 Errors in SSDT-11 (the error is mainly "Object is not accessible from this scope)

You are not following the guide correctly.

Perhaps you are not using the correct version of MaciASL. It is linked from the guide.

Or perhaps you're opening the *.aml files directly instead of as the guide instructs (opening *.dsl).

Quoting the guide:
From this point onward, you will work exclusively with the resulting *.dsl files using MaciASL.

Yes... with proper disassembly (according to the guide), it is the only error in the file.

You are not following the guide correctly.

Perhaps you are not using the correct version of MaciASL. It is linked from the guide.

Okay I will re-read it and try again. Also, have you heard of EvOsXTeam's DSDT Fixer? Seems somewhat too good to be true.

Okay I will re-read it and try again.

It seems to me you're just opening the wrong files. Read the guide carefully.

Also, have you heard of EvOsXTeam's DSDT Fixer? Seems somewhat too good to be true.

Haven't heard of it. An automatic fixer is definitely too good to be true. You need a brain for this stuff.

It seems to me you're just opening the wrong files. Read the guide carefully.

Haven't heard of it. An automatic fixer is definitely too good to be true. You need a brain for this stuff.

Yep you were correct. I was opening the wrong files **Facepalm :/** Thank you very much though!
Although, I still get a ton of errors on DSDT.dsl (87 to be exact)
All of the errors for the most part are "Object does not exist".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back