Contribute
Register

Asus Q301LA-bsi5t17 (S301LA) – Yosemite Clover Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble getting HDMI audio out to work with this laptop. I have video working fine and tried enabling the kexttopatch that is supposed to fix audio out but it still doesn't show up in system preferences. Am I missing some other patch? Also I'm not sure how to convert this:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]          <dict>[/COLOR]                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>10.10 HD4600 HDMI Audio</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                PQwKAAA=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleHDAController</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                PQwMAAA=
                </data> [COLOR=#000000]            </dict>[/COLOR]
to be saved in Xcode. converting PQwKAAA= to whatever format it's supposed to be.

edit: attached files

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.4 KB · Views: 239
  • macbook.ioreg
    2.4 MB · Views: 145
I'm having trouble getting HDMI audio out to work with this laptop. I have video working fine and tried enabling the kexttopatch that is supposed to fix audio out but it still doesn't show up in system preferences. Am I missing some other patch? Also I'm not sure how to convert this:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]          <dict>[/COLOR]                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>10.10 HD4600 HDMI Audio</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                PQwKAAA=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleHDAController</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                PQwMAAA=
                </data> [COLOR=#000000]            </dict>[/COLOR]
to be saved in Xcode. converting PQwKAAA= to whatever format it's supposed to be.

edit: attached files

There is information on HDMI-audio in the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Have not been using this laptop for awhile now. An issue with windows led to a reinstall of windows 10 on my second partition. After installing windows 10 I was unable to boot using clover, reinstalled clover and copied over the files from the USB to my EFI folder on the hard drive. I was able to boot into os x using clover but now when I set dropoem=TRUE I get a reboot issue and have to boot using clover from the USB. Anyone have idea why that is? My config file is posted above if that helps. :?:

I'm on 10.11.3 by the way. Was not having issues with booting before the windows reinstall

Have not been using this laptop for awhile now. An issue with windows led to a reinstall of windows 10 on my second partition. After installing windows 10 I was unable to boot using clover, reinstalled clover and copied over the files from the USB to my EFI folder on the hard drive. I was able to boot into os x using clover but now when I set dropoem=TRUE I get a reboot issue and have to boot using clover from the USB. Anyone have idea why that is? My config file is posted above if that helps. :?:

I'm on 10.11.3 by the way. Was not having issues with booting before the windows reinstall

DropOem=true can only be used if you have correctly patched ACPI (including SSDTs) in ACPI/patched.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

DropOem=true can only be used if you have correctly patched ACPI (including SSDTs) in ACPI/patched.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Yes, I have had patched ACPI including SSDTs working with this laptop for about a year now, the only change I have made was the windows install which broke the clover bootloader. Upon fixing the bootloader I can no longer use DropOem=true. I have not touched the previously working DSDT/SSDT files for months now, should I just create those files again? I've attached my clover folder just incase it can be solved without doing that.

View attachment CLOVER.zip

Yes, I have had patched ACPI including SSDTs working with this laptop for about a year now, the only change I have made was the windows install which broke the clover bootloader. Upon fixing the bootloader I can no longer use DropOem=true. I have not touched the previously working DSDT/SSDT files for months now, should I just create those files again? I've attached my clover folder just incase it can be solved without doing that.

View attachment 175346

Your ACPI is patched incorrectly.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back