Status
Not open for further replies.
You must cancel the check of 4 codecs and not 3 as shown on your config.plist
are they:
10ec0261-> 00000000
10ec0884-> 00000000
10ec0262-> 00000000
10ec0885-> 00000000

Hmm... why would ALC233 be different from ALC283? I'm cancelling just 0884 and 0885 with my u430 0x10ec0283.

I've never seen the BCC9 script cancel 4 compares.

Note: The image you quoted cancels 2 codec ids, not 3. Just 0x10ec0884 and 0x10ec0885.

I'm sorry for my mistake. The question of canceling 2 or more codecs will vary from codec to codec, for Cirrus logic 4210 and 4213 are canceled 6 codecs. He can do a test by canceling the codecs I quoted and if the other files are correct I assure you it will work.

I'm sorry for my mistake. The question of canceling 2 or more codecs will vary from codec to codec, for Cirrus logic 4210 and 4213 are canceled 6 codecs. He can do a test by canceling the codecs I quoted and if the other files are correct I assure you it will work.

I suppose this is because there are special cases for certain ranges of codec ids? (ultra hacky on Apple's part!)

And so if your codec id falls into those ranges, then we need to patch away the special cases?

I suppose this is because there are special cases for certain ranges of codec ids? (ultra hacky on Apple's part!)

And so if your codec id falls into those ranges, then we need to patch away the special cases?

Yes.
everything began here: AppleHDA patching in Mountain Lion
When Apple changed the AppleHDA, even BCC9 script It was from then a while later
I suggested him some ideas and so he did.

Hello,
I have tried following this guide which is very helpful but I keep getting stuck at one point. When I try patching my DSDT it had errors in it. How do I fix those? I have about 14 Syntax errors. Also when I get into Yosemite the resolution is messed up and so is the headers for windows. For example, the red, yellow, and green buttons are missing. Im not sure how to fix this. Does anyone have these problems too?
Thanks,
Cole (iRyderz)

Hello,
I have tried following this guide which is very helpful but I keep getting stuck at one point. When I try patching my DSDT it had errors in it. How do I fix those? I have about 14 Syntax errors. Also when I get into Yosemite the resolution is messed up and so is the headers for windows. For example, the red, yellow, and green buttons are missing. Im not sure how to fix this. Does anyone have these problems too?
Thanks,
Cole (iRyderz)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

AS for my graphics issues, would those be solved with the DSDT patches or through a new config file? The resolution is being scaled down to to 1300x700 roughly. Oh and thank you for the first response :)

No idea about the graphics... your profile does not specify hardware...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

No idea about the graphics... your profile does not specify hardware...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Asus Q301LA
CPU - i5-4200U
Video - HD4400
Audio - ALC233

Im sorry, I thought it was clear that I had these since I was looking at this post. My bad. Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back