Contribute
Register

Asus ProArt z790 - BIOS updates!

Using BIOS 1303 upgraded from 0816. IME pretty much just installed itself while upgrading.

System is similar to SmackAttack but am using Wifi and Bluetooth.

Thunderbolt - Works
Sleep - Works but takes 20 secs as mentioned earlier.
Still need to do USB mapping
Wifi and BT - no issues so far

BOTH 2.5gbps and 10gbps ports work

SMBIOS - MacPro7,1
OC: 098
RAM: Kingston Fury Beast 64GB DDR5 CL40 (XMP - ON)

Attaching an updated OC 098 EFI that belongs to the 13900k/14900k family for bios 1801+ to maybe help anyone interested:

As always, make sure you fill out YOUR Platform info! This efi has no provision for wifi/bluetooth, and is using the agdpmod=pikera boot arg for the 6900XT. I'm currently running Sonoma 14.3. 99% of the credit goes to @CaseySJ and his/our trusted contributors (you know who you are).

NOTE: I just now re-uploaded a new one, fixing the "CPUname" issue whilst using rev patch. All good now.
NOTE2: I just replaced this EFI with another one that adds SSDT-BRG0.aml that names the unnamed pci-bridge to assist with those seeking to spoof their GPUs, although please note that currently there is NO SPOOF applied, either in an SSDT, or OC/dp as my system has a reference AMD GPU. You'll have to apply a spoof yourself (either through an SSDT, modifying the BRG SSDT, or in OC/dp if you don't have an Apple-supported GPU.

Attachments

• EFI_z790ProArt_098.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Attaching an updated OC 098 EFI that belongs to the 13900k/14900k family for bios 1801+ to maybe help anyone interested:

As always, make sure you fill out YOUR Platform info! This efi has no provision for wifi/bluetooth, and is using the agdpmod=pikera boot arg for the 6900XT. I'm currently running Sonoma 14.3. 99% of the credit goes to @CaseySJ and his/our trusted contributors (you know who you are).

NOTE: I just now re-uploaded a new one, fixing the "CPUname" issue whilst using rev patch. All good now.
Thank you brother. This got me over the hump today. Much appreciated!

NOTE2: I just replaced this EFI with another one that adds SSDT-BRG0.aml that names the unnamed pci-bridge to assist with those seeking to spoof their GPUs, although please note that currently there is NO SPOOF applied, either in an SSDT, or OC/dp as my system has a reference AMD GPU. You'll have to apply a spoof yourself (either through an SSDT, modifying the BRG SSDT, or in OC/dp if you don't have an Apple-supported GPU.
Pinned to first post, thanks @SmackAttack

A

After looking a little closer at this EFI, it's not really different from mine, based on CAseySJ, like most people :)
But one thing may be wrong in ACPI / Delete tab, the OemTabled to delete is for the z690 series, for z790 the code is :
78685F72 70733134

A

After looking a little closer at this EFI, it's not really different from mine, based on CAseySJ, like most people :)
But one thing may be wrong in ACPI / Delete tab, the OemTabled to delete is for the z690 series, for z790 the code is :
78685F72 70733134
Thanks! I’ll definitely look into this when I’m back on the machine. How did you determine this? Is this to correct SSDT-XH_ADLS3.aml, yes?

Last edited:
Thanks! I’ll definitely look into this when I’m back on the machine. How did you determine this? Is this to correct SSDT-XH_ADLS3.aml, yes?
The file stays the same, but the adress/code to delete, is not.
I dump all the ACPI file from z790 with bios 1801, luckily this doesn't change over bios upgrade/downgrade.
I don't have the skills to make correction over complex .aml file. But can locate one.

Again if you look at your bootlog in Hackintool, before making any changes, you should see the that there is still an issue with XH_ADLS3.aml or/and with OEM Table ID : xh_rps14 (the one from z790)
Maybe it would be better to also change the name, to match the original one, I can't say. I didn't try it.

The file stays the same, but the adress/code to delete, is not.
I dump all the ACPI file from z790 with bios 1801, luckily this doesn't change over bios upgrade/downgrade.
I don't have the skills to make correction over complex .aml file. But can locate one.

Again if you look at your bootlog in Hackintool, before making any changes, you should see the that there is still an issue with XH_ADLS3.aml or/and with OEM Table ID : xh_rps14 (the one from z790)
Maybe it would be better to also change the name, to match the original one, I can't say. I didn't try it.
Okay, I did see one table load error, so I changed the hex to the hex for "xh_rps14." No longer any table load errors. I ALSO tried having TWO patches b/c although the z690 only has XH_adls3, the z790 has both, but that didn't seem to make any difference, so I have currently left it patching only rps14 on my z790.

This stuff is a bit above my pay-grade for sure, so I appreciate you noticing this, and I hope Casey can shed some light on it in the other forum.

J

It's just that the z690 & the z790 got different table name for this, nothing major. Using the wrong "name " just do nothing. Once it's deleted, any naming seems to work. But you can't apply both, they are the same ACPI code, with a different name.

Last edited:
Hello,
Just started a new Hackintosh build with this motherboard. I used upfront latest bios version 2102.
I used as a basis the EFI posted @SmackAttack (thank you very much as well as to CaseySJ!), I was able to install Sonoma 14.3.1 flawlessly.
I now updated to Sonoma 14.4 and to OpenCore 0.9.9
Got sleep to work after applying firmware update for the AQC113 NIC, and after USB port mapping. BT is very sensitive to that: if I were to have a BT device connected, hack would wake from sleep immediately.
wifi works also very well with latest Airportitlwm.kext.
Havent tested Thunderbolt yet but will do soon.

Back