Contribute
Register

Asus PRIME Z490-P Catalina 10.5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried different workarounds that found here, and in others sites (R#dd#t), and no way... no progress.

Soooo! i fix it ;)

1598374278881.png

It's not just enough to change smbios settings in config file.
You need to change USBPorts.kext ( Info.plist - change iMac19.1 to iMacPro1,1) ;)

1598374475935.png

I was thinking ok.. system is ok.. no USB ports so- there was probably wrong maping to new smbios.
So.. first victim was USBPorts.kext - and BAM! ;)

All my USB ports working like in iMac19,1.

Engoy

One more interesting thing is that with iMac19,1 in Cinebench2.0 i got 5030 points
and with iMacPro1,1 - 4850

While you where trying and successfully, I was searching and found that other way is "spoof the SMBIOS" in the boot of OpenCore, adding this parameters.

shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94
Captura de pantalla 2020-08-25 a las 20.32.47.png

Doing this (and disabling iGPU in BIOS) I can use my eGPU to encode h264 (tested with handbrake) but no h265. Now I will try your way. thanks for your clear explanation.

Update: changing SMBIOS and modifying USBPorts.kext now all is working h264 and h265. Could be interesting try the new iMac20,1 in OC 0.60

offtopic: wich is your default sound output? mine front out (headphones)

Last edited:
While you where trying and successfully, I was searching and found that other way is "spoof the SMBIOS" in the boot of OpenCore, adding this parameters.

shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94
View attachment 485723

Doing this (and disabling iGPU in BIOS) I can use my eGPU to encode h264 (tested with handbrake) but no h265. Now I will try your way. thanks for your clear explanation.

Update: changing SMBIOS and modifying USBPorts.kext now all is working h264 and h265. Could be interesting try the new iMac20,1 in OC 0.60

offtopic: wich is your default sound output? mine front out (headphones)
how to check that one - regarding sound ?
btw. glad that works for you ;)

i'm already on v0.60 - and iMac20.1 sounds very compatible with our CPU...hmm i will try it ;)

Set sound in internal speakers, reboot, and see where is by default.. mine is by default in headphones the front input jack... every time I reboot I must set it to internal speakers again, back green input jack.
This is another common problem too, but not so important, I reboot my machine not so often.
And yes, I will try iMac20,1 too, same procedure as iMacPro1,1
how to check that one - regarding sound ?
btw. glad that works for you ;)

i'm already on v0.60 - and iMac20.1 sounds very compatible with our CPU...hmm i will try it ;)

Set sound in internal speakers, reboot, and see where is by default.. mine is by default in headphones the front input jack... every time I reboot I must set it to internal speakers again, back green input jack.
This is another common problem too, but not so important, I reboot my machine not so often.

yeah.. but GenSMBIOS can't generate serial numbers for iMac20,1 =(

My default speakers are rear green.

My default speakers are rear green.

My default output sound is front jack (headphones), could be nice set as default rear (green).
Have you tried headphones (using back green or front) what about de max volume?, mine is lower than Windows and my MBP.
2 things to learn how to fix, how to set default output and fix the "low" max volume.
Captura de pantalla 2020-08-26 a las 0.59.32.png

Didn't understand about the serial number, I choose imac20,1 in opencore, generate serial number and it creates a new one, ofc... I didnt verify if it's valid or not

Last edited:
My default output sound is front jack (headphones), could be nice set as default rear (green).
Have you tried headphones (using back green or front) what about de max volume?, mine is lower than Windows and my MBP.
2 things to learn how to fix, how to set default output and fix the "low" max volume.
View attachment 485741

Didn't understand about the serial number, I choose imac20,1 in opencore, generate serial number and it creates a new one, ofc... I didnt verify if it's valid or not

I'm using GenSMBIOS.command to generate serail numbers - but din't worked with with iMac20,1.

R' you using OpenCoreConfigurator tool?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back