Contribute
Register

Asus PRIME Z490-P Catalina 10.5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, OC Configurator last versión.

Intresting ... i tested iMac20,1 - and i'cant boot?!
So how was expirience with iMac20,1 ?

Last edited:
Hi , I its possible to upload last EFI zip because I tried and last with UHD630 doesn't works , and that graphics card is only 22MB for the OS , and another question , NVidia 2060 still doesn't work?

Thanks in advance

Hi , I its possible to upload last EFI zip because I tried and last with UHD630 doesn't works , and that graphics card is only 22MB for the OS , and another question , NVidia 2060 still doesn't work?

Thanks in advance
Hi, here you have my last EFI OC 0.60. Catalina doesn't have drivers for Nvidia, and think never will have.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 126
OK,
So I'm attaching my config.plist.
Mind that you'll need (as any of other configs here) to generate your unique machine values. (UUID, SystemBoard etc)

Also attached are debug builds of Lilu and WhateverGreen I've compiled that fixes the black screen of 10.15.5
(future readers: replace those with release WEG/Lilu after they release the actual release).

Also FormerUser-594785 ALC settings might've been wrong? I had different one which works.

So what works?

* UHD630 through HDMI (metal and everything shows fine)
* Audio from all ports
* Audio through HDMI!
* Basic DRM? (Netflix tested on Firefox and is working) but AppleTV+ doesn't.

The real credits go to the wonderful contributors to development.
Looking at the code, it's not trivial bugfixing/patching.

**UPDATE** August 08 2020:
WhateverGreen 1.4.1 is out. please use it or newer (and not the kexts below which are older!)

Thank you so much for your investigation. HDMI configuration make me headache. Now it's fixed like a charm!

Just ordered this same MB, thanks everyone for doing all the legwork to get things running on it, looking forward to it!
I was also assuming it would be optimal to use the latest iMac20,x SMBIOS setting but it sounds like not much luck with that thus far. With the iMacPro1,1 or 19 settings, do folks have any issues with CPU power management and/or speed?
One final question, anyone tried to get the Thunderbolt 3 header to work on mac?

Just ordered this same MB, thanks everyone for doing all the legwork to get things running on it, looking forward to it!
I was also assuming it would be optimal to use the latest iMac20,x SMBIOS setting but it sounds like not much luck with that thus far. With the iMacPro1,1 or 19 settings, do folks have any issues with CPU power management and/or speed?
One final question, anyone tried to get the Thunderbolt 3 header to work on mac?
I'm using iMac20,1 whit Opencore 0.61 - all is perfect!

I'm using iMac20,1 whit Opencore 0.61 - all is perfect!
Great!!, I will try this weekend if have time.

By now I have OC 0.6.0 with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1, and all is working fine. RX580 as main GPU;tested it with FCPX and Handbrake, everything works fine. Sleep and wakeup, too fine. My setup is very light overclocked, i5 10400 at 4,4GHz HyperX Fury DDR3 2666 pushed to 3280, and no issues, score on Geekbench4 28121. so, yes, to your question about stability and speed, im very very happy with this setup.

About TB3, nothing to say about it cause I don't have this expansion card, neither WiFi&Bt

Hi,

To all of you who want to ditch ( FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext and FakePCIID.kext)
and want to map sound thru Opencore then this is the way ;)

1600598070415.png

1600598103174.png

in layout-id Number 7
in boot-args. alcid=7

delete kexts from OC kext folder
1600598185876.png

and remove form Kernel segment (opencore config) deleted kext poppers.

I managed also boot chime to work ;)

I have the ASUS ThunderboltEX 3-TR and haven’t spent the time to get TB3 working yet. USB-C works without any modifications. In IORegistry I can see the Thunderbolt card. I know that @CaseySJ has done work on other Motherboards and gotten it working. I just haven’t had time to dig in. My hope is to be able to use it to get video off my old 8mm camera that uses FireWire.

Also, did you have to map your USB to get sleep working? My sleep has never worked and I just haven’t invested the time into investigating it yet. I am using my computer as my daily driver for my consulting work and just haven’t had time to look at the details.

This motherboard finally arrived for me after being in a COVID related shipping hell for a month.

So far only two issues:
BCM94360NG m.2 wifi card - BT works fine, but wifi constantly goes up and down. Might be a faulty card, PCIe BCM94360CS works fine.
HDMI from iGPU seems not to work (with DP connected also), with @RockArtist 's framebuffer settings HDMI signal drops during boot, but then comes "back" and glitches out both screens when it comes back after login. Replugging the cable actually "fixes" both screens, but obviously not a long-term solution.

Will try @nomaj 's audio fix later today - I tried all the platform-ids yesterday but didn't add both the id & the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back