1. iOS
Hi guys this is from a friend who has trouble with her Hackintosh built:

My specs are:
CPU
: Intel Core i9-10850K
GPU: Geforce GT740
RAM: 64 GB
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z490-A

My computer runs fine, but has these really random crashes, no matter what I do, it suddenly goes black and restarts, no matter what, working on Logic, copying files, opening the EFI partition. Everything can crash the system. I have sat for 5 days now and cannot fix this issue, can anyone please help me figure this out? Here is my EFI folder.

Best,
Tanja

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.3 MB · Views: 11
Hi guys this is from a friend who has trouble with her Hackintosh built:

My specs are:
CPU
: Intel Core i9-10850K
GPU: Geforce GT740
RAM: 64 GB
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z490-A

My computer runs fine, but has these really random crashes, no matter what I do, it suddenly goes black and restarts, no matter what, working on Logic, copying files, opening the EFI partition. Everything can crash the system. I have sat for 5 days now and cannot fix this issue, can anyone please help me figure this out? Here is my EFI folder.

Best,
Tanja
no need for 3x USB kexts....
USBPorts.kext is very wrong

no need for agdpmod=pikera

please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
or

no need for 3x USB kexts....
USBPorts.kext is very wrong

no need for agdpmod=pikera

please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
or
Thank you for the reply. It's not my computer that's why I did not update the profile. It's a built of a friend, who's struggling to get it running without crashing. She said that when she uses just one of these USB kexts the mouse etc. doesn't get recognized. Which kext file would be correct?

I will let her know about the agdpmod=pikera

Anything else, that could cause random crashes? I thought it might be the GPU, but apparently everything is running except for those really random crashes.

Thank you for the reply. It's not my computer that's why I did not update the profile. It's a built of a friend, who's struggling to get it running without crashing. She said that when she uses just one of these USB kexts the mouse etc. doesn't get recognized. Which kext file would be correct?

Anything else, that could cause random crashes? I thought it might be the GPU, but apparently everything is running except for those really random crashes.
best to make sure the ports are correctly setup as per:

Hi there.

Well looking at the USB kexts we don't know the configuration of the motherboard, but my guess would be that USBMap is the more accurate here. However I would recommend the Hackintool app is used to create a healthy USBPorts.kext instead. Disable USBInjectAll.kext once port configuration has been done. Then just enable USBPorts.kext.

Next issue might be Ethernet. I can understand the two Fake*.* Kexts but not with the Realtek AND Nullethernet ones too.

Finally I feel there are some "odd" SSDTs in the ACPI folder. This is a standard ASUS Z490 motherboard, by nature a fairly easy configuration. For example I feel you would need SSDTs for: AWAC, EC, PLUG and perhaps PMC.

:)

best to make sure the ports are correctly setup as per:
s

Cheers. :thumbup: It just took me twenty minutes to write the last post. Slow-coach as I am! :D

Hi there.

Well looking at the USB kexts we don't know the configuration of the motherboard, but my guess would be that USBMap is the more accurate here. However I would recommend the Hackintool app is used to create a healthy USBPorts.kext instead. Disable USBInjectAll.kext once port configuration has been done. Then just enable USBPorts.kext.

Next issue might be Ethernet. I can understand the two Fake*.* Kexts but not with the Realtek AND Nullethernet ones too.

Finally I feel there are some "odd" SSDTs in the ACPI folder. This is a standard ASUS Z490 motherboard, by nature a fairly easy configuration. For example I feel you would need SSDTs for: AWAC, EC, PLUG and perhaps PMC.

:)
Hi, thank you for your reply!

Status update is that she got the Hackintosh to run again. There are less files in the SSDT folder now, however not the ones you mentioned! The Hackintosh has been running for over 7 days now without random crashes.

However today her husband worked on Logic Pro X and the Hackintosh crashes again. But oddly enough ONLY when working on Logic. Not sure why... Everything else seems to be running now, as the computer was on for 7 days without any random crashes, which was a serious issue before.

Not sure which USB kext files she uses now, would need to get the new EFI folder. But any idea, WHY the Hackintosh now crashes only during work on Logic?

Hello guys,

For months she had no issues now with the Hackintosh! But since yesterday something seems to be wrong again! The computer crashes again every few minutes and on boot before it shows the hard drive it shows very fast this:
Does anyone know what this is and why this suddenly shows now? She did not change anything at all on the computer.

Her computer setup can be seen in my signature below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 4
Hello guys,

For months she had no issues now with the Hackintosh! But since yesterday something seems to be wrong again! The computer crashes again every few minutes and on boot before it shows the hard drive it shows very fast this:
Does anyone know what this is and why this suddenly shows now? She did not change anything at all on the computer.

Her computer setup can be seen in my signature below.
looks like an issue with your config.plist

Back