Contribute
Register

Asus Prime Z490-A + i7-10700k + iGPU 630 + OC 076

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I will try it. Seems that Asus Z490p has some inherent flaws regarding igpu in bios. People with windows only installation report strange behavior in bios, which i see too. Mainly, you cannot choose pcie as a main card in bios, mainboard resets with each reboot and defaults to igpu. That happens to me too but when opencore starts, software makes card a main gpu. So i have hdmi from rx580, but i get video with apple logo only after some time after the boot. People say that also powersupply might be at fault for such behavior.
I see, thanks for letting me know I wasn’t aware of that about the Asus board problem. Well I’m not sure about the Asus IGPU resetting issue but my settings should technically work with your CPU setup (if you give it a try). As for the board have you tried to tried to ask Asus support about it? It could be a faulty board that you have.

I want to report that I replaced Asus RX580 with Sapphire RX 6600 XT and the board's strange behavior is gone.
Even bios boots straight to PCI GPU, just as intended.
Using iMacPro 1.1 definition, sole PCI GPU is activated in BIOS.
Wifi and bluetooth using Fenvi T919, works natively.
Opencore 0.7.8
Updated to Monterey 12.3.1 without hiccups,
The only unexpected problem is very low Geekbench scores, but that's not something I can figure out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 00.34.26.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 00.34.26.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back