Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've installed Mountain lion on my Asus P8Z77-M PRO, i7 3770k, but I can't boot from a USB trying to install Windows (and/or Ubuntu), no matter what. I've tried disconnecting the main drive (that I've partitioned for OSX and Win7) before booting to install to another internal drive, with the intention of migrating later. This just gives a black screen on boot, whereas when connected, it goes straight to the Chameleon dialog.

I've tried a WININSTALL disk made from BootCamp on my MBP as well as using terminal to create the boot disk.
Code:
sudo dd if=/path/to/iso of/dev/rdiskN bs=1m
Nothing has worked, I've tried every combination of: Main drive = connected/disconnected & Bootcamp/terminal.

I feel like I'm missing something really key here, but can't figure out what is wrong.

I've installed Mountain lion on my Asus P8Z77-M PRO, i7 3770k, but I can't boot from a USB trying to install Windows (and/or Ubuntu), no matter what. I've tried disconnecting the main drive (that I've partitioned for OSX and Win7) before booting to install to another internal drive, with the intention of migrating later. This just gives a black screen on boot, whereas when connected, it goes straight to the Chameleon dialog.

I've tried a WININSTALL disk made from BootCamp on my MBP as well as using terminal to create the boot disk.
Code:
sudo dd if=/path/to/iso of/dev/rdiskN bs=1m
Nothing has worked, I've tried every combination of: Main drive = connected/disconnected & Bootcamp/terminal.

I feel like I'm missing something really key here, but can't figure out what is wrong.

The key might be that bootcamp isn't used on Hackintoshes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back