RX 6650 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Welcome.
ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, i5 3550, HD 5770
How to install Mountain Lion?
I just stick with the installation without any additives.
I do not have access to OSX
I use an iBoot? This for Ivy Bridge does not work, do a restart.

Hi there Meeron,

The quickest way to do it is to on your board is to follow my guide here >http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...n-lion-10-8-2-intel-hd4000-nvidia-gtx660.html which I will be updating from time to time.

For the Mountain Lion, I suggest the best way to install is to ask a good friend you know who has OSX on a Mac, to create a Unibeast USB stick for you with v.1.5.3 and a copy of Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (purchased from the App Store). From there the installation would be much easier. Because otherwise it might take a long time.

If you can't get Mountain Lion from another source then I would suggest you'll have to use iBoot 3.3.0 and buy a copy of the Snow Leopard DVD from Apple itself (it has it available on its store). Using your onboard Intel graphics via DVI, You'll have have to boot into the Snow Leopard install first with iBoot then the SL DVD, and once completed the install, create an Apple account and download Mountain Lion from the App Store as well as Unibeast and run through the Unibeast installer stick install. Then from there (using the Intel graphics still) you can boot into the Unibeast install with -v -x BuiltInEthernet=Yes PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Welcome.
10.8 works, thank you for your help.
10.8.2 does not work: (
I got this error:

5f07a28cb42de.jpg

Meeron,

Actually IT DOES WORK. I have the same board as you, and am running 10.8.2....
On the picture you are very close to it running...you'd gone past the FIPS loading. Unfortunately I can see your Bluetooth is still enabled.

Let me tell you what you need to do to install on this system.

First of all turn off the following in BIOS:

Intel Enhanced Speedstep
Intel Virtualisation
Bluetooth
Asmedia USB 3.0
Ethernet LAN

Then take the ATI card out and boot with the Intel DVI.

Next boot up with Unibeast stick.
At boot prompt, use the following commands to boot into Installer
-v -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes darkwake=0
That should get you into it.

Once you've finished, you'll need to install USERDSDT, Without DSDT Realtek ALC 892; Hnak's Intel1000ESD Network driver; AppleACPIPlatform rollback; USB 3.0 Caldigit (for your Asmedia USB 3.0 ports); and your ATI drivers. Then once that's done, you'll need to shutdown, put your ATI card back in using the DVI slot, enabled Asmedia USB 3.0 and LAN and reboot. If it works you should be able to get into your system. If you have problems getting in, try using -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back