Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Snow Leopard and Lion Guide (Non-Pro ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did fresh install, still have a few problems to iron out however get over 16000 geek bench score, and also seem to have sleep working....

Marvell ports still don't display correctly, however I am currently booting off of a Marvell port PCI expansion card, and there seems to be a delay from boot until I can use my trackpad and keyboard (Starts working after screensaver has loaded)

Haven't figured either of these out yet.

Can someone please give me detailed instructions how they managed to do a clean install of Lion on this board?
I can't get the installer to run through successfully, it simply just reboots. I tried iBoot with various settings without success so far.

csbbeta said:
Can someone please give me detailed instructions how they managed to do a clean install of Lion on this board?
I can't get the installer to run through successfully, it simply just reboots. I tried iBoot with various settings without success so far.

After reboot of installer mount your Lion.dmg once more. Dont run it. And run xMove.
Everything is in guide.

I'm trying to do a clean/fresh install to Lion without going through SL first. Your guide doesn't seem to cover that, but I seem to read a lot of replies by people that apparently have successfully done so but aren't letting us know exactly how they managed to do it.

That's the kind of guide I'm looking for: Installing a bootable copy of Lion without the hassle of installing SL first.

I'm new to all of this, making a bootable Lion DVD and doing a clean (no SL first) install of it on VMWare was a walk in the park thanks to detailed instructions ... but trying to boot from the same DVD on this board via iBoot simply won't work. I simply don't manage to see more than a second or two of the Lion installer before the entire system reboot.

This is what I have at hand:
Bootable Lion DVD (that at least worked perfectly fine under VMWare)
iBoot 3.1.1
P8Z68-V (non pro, non deluxe)

Now I'm stuck. :)

VMware will work differently to a hackintosh as it will emulate a mac.

This guide is for the deluxe board so pcirootuid configs and other flags will probably be different.

Personally I'd try getting to 10.6.8 first myself especially if you're new to this before trying to get to Lion especially as Lion is still a new os and still has a few bugs.

Tony has said that he is going be bringing out a new xmove/iboot early-mid august to work with Apple's usb boot sticks which they're planning to launch.

I'd suggest to get SL working, boot to Lion then have a backup and when the new xmove/iboot comes about, re-install and move your user files across from your back up. That would be the simplest way of doing it all.

If you don't have a back up currently I highly recommend getting one especially if you're planning to continue in the hackintosh world.

I can wait ... and I probably will. :)
I'm sure there will be a solution soon, either iBoot or one of the many other tools out there.

Anyone gotten Parallels to run? It crashes OSX (black screen-reboot) every time for me.

pcascio said:
Anyone gotten Parallels to run? It crashes OSX (black screen-reboot) every time for me.

The same here. :/
Looking forward for solution.

I'm going crazy over here...
I had no trouble upgrading to 10.6.8 (yey) where I always got kernel panics before.
but I try to apply the speedstepper patch with terminal and I'm two heartbeats short of a heartattack because it just doesnt work. I have searched the forum, I have googled, I just want to smash my screen because it's so annoying.
I unzipped speedstepper and put it on my desktop.
I went to the desktop directory in terminal.
I type in the sudo ./speedstepper .... command and I get a "sudo: ./speedstepper: command not found" prompt
please help me!
(yes I put in the correct pw, yes I am in the right directory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back