Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Snow Leopard and Lion Guide (Non-Pro ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, thanks for the great guide!
One question, does on-board video work? Thanks :)

hugomak3 said:
Hi, thanks for the great guide!
One question, does on-board video work? Thanks :)

There is no onboard video on Asus P8Z68 Deluxe and there is no any video output on this mobo.
If you mean cpu internal graphics card (igpu) it doesnt work with osx so you should disable it in bios (it can cause long pause during system startup).
As far as I know there is no solution to get intel quicksync working with mac os x either.

EDIT:
Sorry I didnt notice that your mobo is pro version.
I think there is topic about your question : Link

Oops sorry :oops:
I mean the P8Z68-V Pro motherboard's hdmi or dvi ports. Do they work with Lion or I have to use a separate graphics card? Thanks

I did it - follow vdmesis' recipe to a T and it works. I sure wish someone could automate this whole process however. That was a lot of work, but also funn.

I'm getting 13,000+ Geekbench. Does that mean Speedstep is working? USB3 also working as is Bluetooth and Sound.

Are there specidic BIOS settings I should use, or is the default setting okay?

Should sleep work too? Fans stay on and MB still lighted.

Dziekuje to vdmesis abnd oswaldini, this has been a terrifc experience.

pcascio said:
I did it - follow vdmesis' recipe to a T and it works. I sure wish someone could automate this whole process however. That was a lot of work, but also funn.

I'm getting 13,000+ Geekbench. Does that mean Speedstep is working? USB3 also working as is Bluetooth and Sound.

It seems that its working :)

pcascio said:
Are there specidic BIOS settings I should use, or is the default setting okay?

I have Turbo set to manual and "By All Cores = 43" (4300Mhz with turbo on)
iGPU = disabled

pcascio said:
Should sleep work too? Fans stay on and MB still lighted.

Dziekuje to vdmesis abnd oswaldini, this has been a terrifc experience.

Sleep dosent work in my set either. The computer doesnt wake up :/

What temps are you getting at 4300? Is there anything else that is not working for you?

Did you try the Sleep enabler kext? I think I'm going to forget about sleep?

pcascio said:
What temps are you getting at 4300? Is there anything else that is not working for you?

Did you try the Sleep enabler kext? I think I'm going to forget about sleep?

60-70 degrees max under full load.

I dont use sleep. I dont need it.

I just used EZBios and set the Extreme setting. Got up to 15,711 on Geekbench. 52 degress, water cooled.

Edit: It's actually called Performance Mode

100% success on the first try of a fresh lion install, this was the easiest board I have ever setup, almost completely vanilla outside Network/Audio/USB3. I have no DSDT and am even able to sleep/wake just fine. So incredibly pleased, excellent guide, thanks!

Congratulations. Curious about your success with Sleep. Did you do anything not in the OP's list, or after install?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back