Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Snow Leopard and Lion Guide (Non-Pro ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure you've thought of this but just in case, check the file name is actually speedstepper (i.e. spelt correctly), try it in a different directory

As a safe way of doing it, open up terminal type: 'cd' then drag the desktop folder into the terminal window (or whichever file it is in), then do the speed stepper part exactly the same way. This way you can't make a mistake in the address of any file/directory.

When i downloaded the Lion version of speedstepper i'm pretty sure the file name was something else.

Took me a handful of trys too, but it was because something wasn't typed exactly right. Keep trying.

ty tom, your hint to drag&drop the files to get the exact path did the trick. for some reason, I had to enter the entire path to speedstepper too. and the terminal did not accept my typed-in path to the kext contents, but dragging and dropping (which gave the exact same path) somehow made a difference...

so my command looked like this:
sudo /Users/macdadah/Desktop/speedstepper /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

(and macdadah is of course my user name)
just to make it noob-proof, it's also good to know that you can't leave your admin-account password blank to do this, because the sudo password prompt requires input. (but everyone except me probably knew this already :oops: )

so, onward I go!
Thx for the quick help guys!

pcascio said:
Congratulations. Curious about your success with Sleep. Did you do anything not in the OP's list, or after install?
Thanks

Nope, I didn't do anything extra. Fresh install, multi beast, no DSDT, it was pretty simple. I checked all the boxes under "energy settings" but sleep works.

brisc0 said:
Nope, I didn't do anything extra. Fresh install, multi beast, no DSDT, it was pretty simple. I checked all the boxes under "energy settings" but sleep works.

Its strange. :/ I doesnt work for me.

Anyway. I added a little update about eSata in Guide :]

vdmesis said:
brisc0 said:

Its strange. :/ I doesnt work for me.

Anyway. I added a little update about eSata in Guide :]

Just curious, unplug your DVD/CD ROM Drive from the board and see if sleep works.

brisc0 said:
Just curious, unplug your DVD/CD ROM Drive from the board and see if sleep works.

Didnt do any difference. :/

vdmesis said:
brisc0 said:

Didnt do any difference. :/

Bummer... trying to think of things we could have different about our build. I have onboard bluetooth disabled? Maybe thats the culprit?

brisc0 said:
I have onboard bluetooth disabled? Maybe thats the culprit?
I have this disabled as well. :/
I use external usb one.

Mine shuts down in about 5 seconds but takes 45 seconds to boot.
Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back