Contribute
Register

ASUS P7P55D - Enable VIA® VT1828S Sound in 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody get sound in Yosemite?

I haven't tested yet but I'll try it out. The VoodooHDA kext that worked up until Mountain Lion seemed to not work correctly after that version of OS X.

Thats why Im asking. I'm trying to get my first hackintosh working but now I got problem with sound. Tried voodohda 2.72, 2.73 and 2.74 and KP's all the time. Now I'm sick of it and can just safeboot :banghead:

IMG_8576.jpg

Can you switch between usb sound card and hdmi output?

Thank you very much! My sound works great on Mavericks 10.9.5 :headbang:

I just got around to messing with P7P55D since I updated it to 10.8 but didn't have time to optimize it.

I noticed after the update that my sound wasn't working at all. I checked system prefs and saw this:

View attachment 26676

The version of VoodooHDA that I had already installed was 2.21 and it worked fine on this PC under Snow Leopard and Lion. I tried reinstalling it but that didn't work.

I found this version and it got my my audio working: VoodooHDA 2.7.4.

It works for VIA® VT1828S 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC

You can install it kext by unzipping it to your desktop and running Kext Beast which you can get from our Downloads section. Once you're done, restart and you should get this:

View attachment 26677

If you hear crackle from your speakers, check your Audio MIDI Setup. It might show that it is at the highest setting 192000 hz by default. You will need to change that to a lower setting, probably around 44100 hz.

View attachment 26678

Hope this helps.
Thank you man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back