Contribute
Register

ASUS P7P55D - Enable VIA® VT1828S Sound in 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey beelzebozo

May I state that you're a BAUSS! After hours of trying to get my Sound card to work, it's finally working!!!!!

I'm using ASUS P5P43TD Pro and it works well!

Oh man, I'm so glad.

Thank you so much!

Great! worked for my old ASUS P5B motherboard as well.

Used MultiBeast 5.1.2 but card failed with all the different VOODOO options
yet using your post I only replaced the latest VoodooHDA.kext using the tool and bingo!

Thanks again, saved me some time.

Cheers,

Thanks beelzebozo, the kexts work perfectly!

Hey, I'm on ML 10.8.2, and have your mother board, after updating the kext to the one in your post, I still get hissing and crackling, however I don't know how to get to that third screen you have in the first post.

Thanks in advance.

Update: Ok, so after setting the sound format to every single Hz option available, still getting crackling. Is this because I'm using 10.8.2 rather than plain old 10.8?

Update 2: After trying a lot of different VoodooHDA.kexts I found a strange tip to delete the UseKernelCache = yes, from the Org.chameleon.Boot.plist file, which somehow just made it work, which awesome, though I have no idea why.

Update 2: After trying a lot of different VoodooHDA.kexts I found a strange tip to delete the UseKernelCache = yes, from the Org.chameleon.Boot.plist file, which somehow just made it work, which awesome, though I have no idea why.

This along with Lexone's guide solved my sound issues. I was stumped for months! Thanks!!

Hi Sir, I have ASUS P7P55D-E LX, and my audio chip is VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC, I installed voodoo 2.72 but the volume control doesn't function, I tried to delete it in S/L/E and replaced a customised voodoo but I got no volume/sound at all, I also tried to re-install the voodoo via MultiBeast, but I got a kernel panic, is there any voodoo kext that worked on my PC with all my preferences? I hope you can help me with this, thank you so much in advance.

Check out my guide since I have the same MoBo...custom audio kext is available it and will work perfectly for you! Click the link in my sig!

- - - Updated - - -

This along with Lexone's guide solved my sound issues. I was stumped for months! Thanks!!

Thx for the Kudos! :)

Hi Beelzebozo,

sorry to reply to that old thread. I tried to search for a guide to install ML on that P7P55D (without any addition like "-E" or "Pro") you seem to use also. 10.6.8 works fine on that thing of mine but 10.7 never worked.
So 10.8 installation works just like that (with that old DSDT-ASUS-P7P55D-2003.aml File)? Or are there any tricks? Any tutorials?

Sorry to jump in here. Maybe I'm to stupid to search on this forum. Believe me I tried!

Cheers

Eddie

Hi I have P7P55D-E LX and Mavericks 10.9.4 and my sound works with Multibeast and audio driver voodoo HDA v2.7.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back