Contribute
Register

ASUS P7P55D and derivitives audio fix wont break windows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sound kext works well with 10.6.3 too. Great!

Anacondaq said:
Works on P7P55D Premium thanks!

Worked on my system- could be a good alternative for 10.6.3. :thumbup:

Although this source can probably be tweaked, in initial testing, the audio was not as clear- at least on my ALC 888b- static on the bass tones, and mic inputs were very noisy- to the point of unuseable.

How do I install kext? A step by step guide would be very nice

Morrsiwald said:
How do I install kext? A step by step guide would be very nice

Well- this VoodooHDA 2.5.6 is in the new MultiBeast- just click to install! Good luck!

Fil, did you get an issue where you lost front panel audio in Win7? I cannot get sound anymore from my front audio panel in Win7 and I've messed around with all the mixer settings etc...

I have an ASUS P7P55D Deluxe and I'm trying to get sound working. I used MultiBeast and installed voodoo 2.5.6 and got sound working. : ) Great! But is anyone hearing a loud hiss like white noise when you turn up the volume?

I had this same symptom in Windows 7 when I tried to use drivers directly from VIA. The only thing that solved it was to use only the drivers that came on the ASUS install DVD, Rev.411.05

-=xt=-

XtremeTeam said:
I have an ASUS P7P55D Deluxe and I'm trying to get sound working. I used MultiBeast and installed voodoo 2.5.6 and got sound working. : ) Great! But is anyone hearing a loud hiss like white noise when you turn up the volume?

I had this same symptom in Windows 7 when I tried to use drivers directly from VIA. The only thing that solved it was to use only the drivers that came on the ASUS install DVD, Rev.411.05

-=xt=-

Never mind. I scrapped the Asus board and got my new Gigabyte board. :thumbup:

Has anyone tried the latest VOODOOO HDA released at the end of April?

VoodooHDA.kext_261

Since I'm in the process of creating a video installation guide, I decided to wipe out my win 7 and OSX drives and reinstall win 7 first and found out that yes, the voodooo hda kext would lock the device and would not work in win 7 without doing the power down and unplug the power cord (very annoying). Once I did a fresh install, I tested the HDA outputs and they worked every time I rebooted in win 7.

The last issue I'm trying to work out is my win 7 OS not being able to sleep because of OSX (it didn't work correctly with my last dual boot install).

Also, I have an LG dvd sata drive that disappears from the listed drives from time to time.

If I can work out these three kinks, it will definitely help me finish the guide quickly.

I guess I should also try a DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back