Contribute
Register

ASUS P7P55D and derivitives audio fix wont break windows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hey all you asus fans who bought yourselves a p7p55d motherboard or some such p55 asus mobo with that via soundcard, i have a fix for you. and it wont break your windows or linux sound either

its just the most recent voodoohda.kext, v. 256. just install it with its prefpane and restart.
if it still doesnt work then try removing the applehda.kext from system/libray/extensions.

remember to rebuild catches and fix permissions

i take no credit for the kext itself, i just found it and it worked with my p7p55d

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    179.4 KB · Views: 246
thecontrarian42 said:
sorry if i posted it in the wrong forum. wasnt thinking

No problem- I'll fix it. ;)

yeah cool,

youre my personal jesus! it works, the sound is maybe a bit scratchy, but ok. IT WORKS.

thanks a lot!

No problem my man, just trying to help. Now if only I could get it to work on mine again :lol:

Hi guys,
could you tell me please (I mean those who tried VoodooHDA 256 with ASUS P7P55D) what devices you see in the “System preferences†-> “Soundâ€. I see Line-out, HDMI-out (I am sure it is the audio of my Graphic Card) and SPDIF-out. Line-out works and I have sound if I use this output. I did not try the other two. But the VoodooHDA.prefPane shows me only HDMI. Is it same by you?
Do you see any devices in the “About this Mac†-> “More Info…†-> “Audio (Built In)†? (I see “No built in Audio†only). Thank you.

the same with me...also no integrated audio.
In SysPref/Audio i got Line-out, Digital-out (HDMI) and SPDIF-out.
Line and SPDIF are from the onboard-audio and HDMI is from my graphics card. Didnt try nothing except the Line-out. Dont need to ;)

@thecontrarian. I hope you get this fixed...It works to me also after multiple reboots, and as you said, no problems in Windoof. So its quite good.

Thank you for your answer.
On the http://www.projectosx.com site I was told, the VoodooHDA does not record something into the “Audio (Built In)†register and does not need this register at all. One can record something into this register by editing the DSDT.

@thecontrarian:
did you try your voodooHDA.kext with 10.6.3???

The sound kext works. I have sound without unplug the power supply. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back