Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
By now, I probably reinstalled Yosemite using UniBeast many many times. :crazy:

I was able to manage to work everything but ethernet. :thumbdown:

Reading other forums and site, none of options work.

Here are few methods I tried.

After installing Yosemite, I changed the value from 88E8053 to 88E8056.
As soon as I make changes, sometime Yosemite freezes. :banghead:

If I manage to install MultiBeast with VoodooHDA v0.2.61 or v2.7.3, it freezes and won't boot.

Whatever reason, every time I install Voodoo, Yosemite freezes and won't boot.

Even when I install MultiBeast without installing Voodoo does freeze Yosemite.

So, changing value 88E8053 to 88E8056 does not work, even by itself won't work.

I downloaded many different DSDT and IONetworkFamily.kext from other forums, they don't work.
Yosemite freezes as soon as I install them.

So, I decided to buy a wireless adapter and an USB to Ethernet adapter.
I was able to install driver for both of them and make them work.

Without installing them together, I manage to set either one to en0 and able to access internet.

The problem is that I can't access to Apple Store with wireless nor USB to ethernet adapter.
I get "Your device or computer could not be verified" error message.

So, I digged through different forums, so far what I know is that OSX looks for internally built ethernet adapter to allow access to Apple Store.

I tried many different methods to get wireless adapter or usb to ethernet adapter to "pretend" to be a native ethernet adapter but failed. I just can't get to Apple Store where I need to install apps and xcode.

It is frustrating that I can't get my AppleYukon to work or get wireless or usb to ethernet to access Apple Store.

If anyone has any idea how to resolve either one of them would be super help.

Thanks

P6TDV2 has fewer support nowadays, I had a hard time in getting it up on Yosemite.

Lan -Yukon-88E8053 > 88E8056 trick still works, but ensure you fix permission + purge cache after manual patch. you can use kext wizard for this purpose.

Sound - avoid voodoo, it causes KPs. you need HDAEnabler7 + patched AppleHDA to make it works - see here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/

P6TDV2 has fewer support nowadays, I had a hard time in getting it up on Yosemite.

Lan -Yukon-88E8053 > 88E8056 trick still works, but ensure you fix permission + purge cache after manual patch. you can use kext wizard for this purpose.

Sound - avoid voodoo, it causes KPs. you need HDAEnabler7 + patched AppleHDA to make it works - see here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/

Glad to hear someone made ethernet to work.

BTW, I read so many article about "fix permission + purge cache after manual patch". What exactly this mean? How do I fix permission + purge cache?

Thanks!

I finally figured out how to solve the problem.

I had to reboot into OS X with -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes command and install Voodoo with change 8053 to 8056 trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back