Contribute
Register

Asus N752VX

Did anyone ever get the keyboard backlights working on OC / Big Sur? That's the only thing missing in my setup. Backlights work in Windows but not in Big Sur. I tried Karabiner to see if its just a mapping issue, but all that does is show the symbols on the screen but it doesnt actually turn the lights on. Would be Fn F3/4 vor my laptop.

Edit: This is not a matter of mapping the FN keys I suppose. The keyboard gets recognized to have backlight ability but it just would turn on, even if I use the slider as in screenshot.
I saw on github, that you solved keyboard backlite. Can you share config with us. Thanks.

I made it work. "Adjust brightness in low light" must be unticked.

I made it work. "Adjust brightness in low light" must be unticked.
did yo also need to do any patches / renames or SSDT?

just curious, my version of the same laptop doesn't have keyboard lights

did yo also need to do any patches / renames or SSDT?

just curious, my version of the same laptop doesn't have keyboard lights
I created new SSDT with adultano's code, posted on github. And add it to conf.plist.

I created new SSDT with adultano's code, posted on github. And add it to conf.plist.
nice!

have been messing around with mine a little, have sorted hdmi/dp audio out without the need for FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext kexts

nice!

have been messing around with mine a little, have sorted hdmi/dp audio out without the need for FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext kexts
never tried HDMI. i can try to mess with it this winter. I still have yours EFI as base, updated ofcourse to latest OC an kexts.
Can you tell me why are SMCprocersor, CPUFriend and CPUFriendDataProvider kexts dissabled in conf.plist. Do I really need them then?

never tried HDMI. i can try to mess with it this winter. I still have yours EFI as base, updated ofcourse to latest OC an kexts.
Can you tell me why are SMCprocersor, CPUFriend and CPUFriendDataProvider kexts dissabled in conf.plist. Do I really need them then?
CPUFriend and CPUFriendDataProvider kexts can be handy to use, not really looked too much into it

attached is an updated EFI using latest OpenCore, updated DeviceProperties section

also if you use headphone jack and the audio is distorted, attached is a fix, be sure to edit com.black-dragon74.ALCPlugFix.plist as to the location of the file

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 62
  • alcplugfix.zip
    26.8 KB · Views: 31
Are you guys on Monterey yet? Tried to setup today. Installation went well everything works. But it randomly freezes. Sometimes after 30s sometimes after 5mins. Any suggestions how to tackle this?

Are you guys on Monterey yet? Tried to setup today. Installation went well everything works. But it randomly freezes. Sometimes after 30s sometimes after 5mins. Any suggestions how to tackle this?
the files above works fine on Monterey, using it myself

the files above works fine on Monterey, using it myself
Seems not to work. Stuck at the very beginnig of the boot process, apple logo shows but no progress bar. How do I boot verbose to see where its stuck? It used to be boot-args -v but that doesnt seem to work.

Back