Contribute
Register

Asus K55VJ, NVIDIA Card won't disable

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need DSDT patches...

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Thankyou, I have just done all the changes to the DSDT, I will copy it over and install the AppleHDA in the morning, I don't what the audio springing to life like voodooHDA does and waking the whole house up. I'll report back whether it was successful or not (It should be)!

Thankyou once again

It doesn't work, I modify the DSDT but when I restart I can't find where the layout-id is. Yes I saved it..

View attachment 99098

Cheers

You used layout-id 8. Is that your intention?

If that was your intention, do it over... this time with layout 28, which is what your AppleHDA uses.

You used layout-id 8. Is that your intention?

If that was your intention, do it over... this time with layout 28, which is what your AppleHDA uses.

Thankyou, it works. May I ask how you found 28? I looked in the info.plist and found 8.

Layout-id.jpg

You have to find your codec id in the Info.plist of AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (a PlugIn). In that same section is the layout-id.
Ohhh Ok, found it.

Thank you again, you have been a tremendous help in getting this PC to where it is.

Cheer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back