Contribute
Register

ASUS K53E Laptop Sandy Bridge Lion 10.7 Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it........"

10.7.3 update broke Wi-Fi: No hardware installed. Really annoying :banghead:
I tried rolling back the AirPortAtheros21.kext PlugIn as suggested https://discussions.apple.com/thread/37 ... 5&tstart=0
but it does not seem to work. Lets hope Apple finds a fix for that.

To get around the AICPUPM issue I used dmazar's perl script with 10.7.3 Spec file.

1. Can anybody post DSDT for K53E or some updated instructions to install Lion on this laptop, please?
2. Is it possible to have multi-boot with Win7, Ubuntu and Lion on this laptop at all?

Thanks in advance.

tbh I could never get it working 100%. There was always stability issues and one or two things not working, but it was always different every time I tried using the exact same method, so getting to the bottom of the problem and fixing it was never easy. I eventually gave up.

Just to follow-up on the WiFi issue and 10.7.3: http://macmanusnl.wordpress.com/2012/05 ... os_ar9280/ this IO80211Familiy.kext works EDIT: 10.7.4 update (+ MultiBeast: AICPUPM for 10.7.4 of course) -> breaks wireless again ("Wi-Fi: no hardware installed" message), also breaks your custom patched AppleHDA. DSDT ARPT edits: see yurick's post (July 8 2012) over at insanely-mac. Also delifruit's solution (remove 2 lines in main plist) and add 2b (under IONameMatch) to the AirPortAtheros40.kext plist. After that it should work native EDIT2: Bluetooth seems to work with IOath3kfrmwr.kext from archive Kexts.zip by MlyDinEsH

EDIT: gen4ig777 has a better clean DSDT so use that instead, after updating BIOS to 219.

Hi everyone,
My ASUS K53E with Lion not work with build-in USB 3.0 port. Can anyone tell me how to fix it. Thanks.

I have ASUS K53E i3 2330M, HD3000, AR9285, ALC269, AR3011, AR8151
Mac model Macbook Pro 8,1
This is my working DSDT(BIOS 219) for ML
Everything works well, WiFi without kext in ML. Except for some devices after sleep, network and sound.
The network(AR8151) does not wake up
Sound fix restart AppleHDA

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    27 KB · Views: 301
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 298
I've got this ASUS k53e laptop working fairly well on Lion 10.7.2. Only things I haven't tried to get working is HDMI audio, USB 3.0, keyboard shortcuts only partially work for brightness etc., SSDT [gunna try soon].

-Got Wifi working by swapping out the Intel Centrino N 1030 wifi/BT combo card for an Atheros 9285.
-Sleep working with SleepEnabler kext. Battery icon working with patched AppleACPIPlatform and VoodooBattery kexts.
-Shutdown / Restart working with a patched DSDT.
-Audio working with patched AppleHDA and HDAEnabler mentioned above--not one KP since installing this and kicking the VoodooHDA to the curb.
-The new MultiBeast trackpad kext enables the trackpad with at least scrolling and two-finger taps--although it is a little choppy on higher trackpad speeds. I like it better than the VoodooPS2 solution though even though it isn't as smooth like a mouse.

Still on Lion 10.7.2--don't wanna update cause everything is working so stable right now.

I attached a kext to get the AR 9285 to work with N routers and WPA/WPA2.
My ONLY problem with it is that it doesn't auto connect to any known networks after boot/restart or wake-from-sleep. You have to manually select your network from the airport wifi utility drop-down icon. Does anybody have a simple solution?
Meanwhile, I'll be looking for one. Will post if I find it.

Also, SIDENOTE for everybody who is dual-booting--you should definitely look into Paragon's HFS+ for Windows and Paragon's NTFS for Mac. Allows either side to do near native read/writes of the opposite filesystems. I know Mac can see the Windows drives, but it can't write to NTFS. Awesome program. With HFS+ on the Windows, you practically can't KP yourself out of the system as long as you can boot into Windows. Through Windows, you can delete problem kexts. Useful if you're having issues loading Unibeast--although I think the Windows method is far quicker and easier if you're already dual-booting.

Attachments

• AR9285_802.11N_SnowLeopard.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 227
Hi
I have the same K53e

I have tried many different ways to install ANY OSX but i cant seem to do it without PANIC`s
Can you post your method of install,
Many thanks

• :banghead:

Hi
I have the same K53e

I have tried many different ways to install ANY OSX but i cant seem to do it without PANIC`s
Can you post your method of install,
Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back