Contribute
Register

ASUS G75VX-BH compatibility? I'm a first-timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus G75VX-BH
CPU
i7 3630QM
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 670MX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is the first time I'm trying this and wanted to do this on my second drive- (Bay 1- SSD w/ Windows 7, Bay 2- Stock HDD w/ OSX)

I wanted to know how to make sure that I'm using the integrated graphics throughout the boot set-up without having any difficulties, then installing the drivers for my beautiful GTX 670MX :)

I'm no computer software genius, I'm 15... I just wanted to know how I would be carrying out the installation post-Unibeast. I was also wondering if the unibeast installation takes place completely on a mac- I still don't get that.

I simply want access to the beautiful rich graphics of OSX Mountain Lion on a completely separate drive on my PC- with the full graphics capabilities. I hope I don't sound dumb in any way- I don't know much, but would love to know more! :D

I wanted to also know how the boot screen looks- since the OS will be in Bay 2, will I be pressing F8 (Asus, F12 on Gigabyte) and selecting the boot drive on a regular basis? Because that's exactly what I wanted.

Also will I have access to the contents of my SSD from Mountain Lion on the HDD? I have never had to use two drives at once and would like to comprehend the way this works.

I'm probably doing this around June, I'm reading up until then. Please help; and if you recommend any tips that I should acknowledge, I would highly appreciate it. Link me to any forums or articles I should study on the matter if you know any, again thank you.

I've been working on it for a while with mountain lion. There's currently no graphics acceleration because of how asus designed the bios and vbios (decided to mash them into one) and mac/the bootloader (chameleon/chimera/whatever) can't read it right. The website all of the work was done on is here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285978-asus-g75vx-mountain-lion/

I've quit this and am going to start trying mavericks soon: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291673-asus-g75vx-mavericks/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back