Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers for that patch sami ;)

just realised, do I need to recompile my dsdt with the new patched bios?

edit; goes to sleep, doesn't seem to wake up now though power cycles a few times then turns on but no action on the screen :(
edit2; okay so redid my dsdt, now it seems to go to sleep but once it wakes up the boot disk seems to remount itself on the desktop and it'll just hang and beachball from there on
any ideas what's going on?
the boot disks is an ssd if that matters at all
rig specs in my sig

Hi Sami,
Thanks for all your help, you've been a great supporter of Asus Boards and I hope they acknowledge that.
If you could please help me with a modded bios.

thanks

Attachments

• P8H77-I-ASUS-0809.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 99
damuffin, how are you going to flash a modified rom on that board?
it doesnt have usb flashback, so you cant use any of asus' tools

Hi,
there is a new Bios for P8P67 number 3509. If you could patch it, I would be very grateful and I will be able to test if it could bring audio back. I guess there are a lot of people on 3k bioses that have problem with audio and are waiting for fix.

Dear Sami ,

I have a ASUS Z 68 V-PRO GEN 3 , with patched BIOS 3402 from you site . Mountain Lion install went smoothily , and normal opertaions are fine

but Geekbench is ridiculously low @ 6500 . When I installed NullCPU..... from Multibeast it got back to 12500 .

I am using a 2600 K Sandy bridge processor . Do I need a DSDT for Full performance without Null CPU ....... ?

If I use a 3770 K can I avoid using a DSDT and get native support ?

HELP !!! Also if required can you please provide a DSDT for the above setup !!!

Regards

KS1771

Hi Sami,

Slightly off topic, however can I test the temperature of the "water" here in respect of Ausus Z77 boards and the amended bios and the EFI boot loader Clover.

I have Windows 7 EFI loaded and it really works very well under GPT and AHCI. I have tried with OSX using Clover but cannot seem to be able to configure it, and despite spending days trying to understand it, I cannot get an OSX disk with EFI set up which is seen by the UEFI BIOS which sees Win7 without any problems. I can get the "EFI" OSX disk to boot using legacy but NOT using EFI.

There has been mountains of info written about Clover, but too much, it is impossible to understand and follow - for me anyway.

I am not certain as to what the feelings about EFI booting will be on this forum, but are you aware of any plans as more and more mother boards are now available with UEFI bios, and Win7 is seen as EFI and boots very well. Mac is different as Apple do not use EFI to boot a real Mac but nvram which is different.

(1) Are there any plans for an idiot or Noobs guide for Clover? and (2) will it ever be discussed here?

I am interested as Chameleon will not boot UEFI Win7.

Thanks for all you do...

EDIT: Nevermind, I did P8 generic which apparently already had the HDEF section, I added my ALC 892 hex codes and booted up just fine. I updated 10.7.4 combo and applied toleda audio and SSDT for i7 and everything seems to be working fine.

Hey samisnake, sorry for bothering.

I'm at 10.7.3, going to update to 10.7.4 to be able to get into Mountain Lion.

For now, I have deleted the previous DSDT I had. I updated my bios to the latest one (3k up from 1k) and am unsure as to which patches to apply.

I have extracted the DSDT, but I'm not sure which patches are required. In the old version of this site, you said we needed the "P8 (generic) BIOS 3xxx" patch, but in this latest version of this site (tonymacx86 got a redesign I guess), that message was removed (it's a newer edit version of that post). I have an ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro (not B3). Should I just apply that P8 (generic) BIOS 3xxx patch, or should I use one by bryc which you recommended a long time ago?

If I use the P8 generic, I take it I have to apply an HDEF patch with my audio's correct hex codes right? I did that. I'm guessing that's all I have to do, but the one by bryc includes other stuff like New HPET, EHCI, and other things I'm not sure if I require, which I don't see in the P8 generic patch.

P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt and P8Z77-V updated to 1504

Guys, where do I find this? Sami's blogspot page still seems to have 1406. I'm hoping the updated version will work as it won't install for me for some reason (I use asus update or ami bios tool to upload it but it won't overwrite the official 1504 after reboot)

Cheers

Dear Sami ,

I have a ASUS Z 68 V-PRO GEN 3 , with patched BIOS 3402 from you site . Mountain Lion install went smoothily , and normal opertaions are fine

but Geekbench is ridiculously low @ 6500 . When I installed NullCPU..... from Multibeast it got back to 12500 .

I am using a 2600 K Sandy bridge processor . Do I need a DSDT for Full performance without Null CPU ....... ?

If I use a 3770 K can I avoid using a DSDT and get native support ?

HELP !!! Also if required can you please provide a DSDT for the above setup !!!

Regards

KS1771

you need to use an SSDT (a couple premade ones are available in multibeast) when using certain sandy bridge cpus post 10.7.4

delete nullcpu, and use an ssdt.
you dont need a modified dsdt

Hi Sami,

Slightly off topic, however can I test the temperature of the "water" here in respect of Ausus Z77 boards and the amended bios and the EFI boot loader Clover.

I have Windows 7 EFI loaded and it really works very well under GPT and AHCI. I have tried with OSX using Clover but cannot seem to be able to configure it, and despite spending days trying to understand it, I cannot get an OSX disk with EFI set up which is seen by the UEFI BIOS which sees Win7 without any problems. I can get the "EFI" OSX disk to boot using legacy but NOT using EFI.

There has been mountains of info written about Clover, but too much, it is impossible to understand and follow - for me anyway.

I am not certain as to what the feelings about EFI booting will be on this forum, but are you aware of any plans as more and more mother boards are now available with UEFI bios, and Win7 is seen as EFI and boots very well. Mac is different as Apple do not use EFI to boot a real Mac but nvram which is different.

(1) Are there any plans for an idiot or Noobs guide for Clover? and (2) will it ever be discussed here?

I am interested as Chameleon will not boot UEFI Win7.

Thanks for all you do...

hi tony.

to answer your questions,
1. i dont know
2. i dont know
:D

i guess the obvious answer would be if anyone decides to make a foolproof guide for clover (if one is needed, or possible), the answer to 1. will be yes, but personally i havent used clover and dont have any rush to atm as chameleon does everything I need it to (although i can understand from your viewpoint).

have you signed up to projectosx.com and asked for help in slice's thread?
as most on here use chameleon, it would probably be better from the source tbh.

Guys, where do I find this? Sami's blogspot page still seems to have 1406. I'm hoping the updated version will work as it won't install for me for some reason (I use asus update or ami bios tool to upload it but it won't overwrite the official 1504 after reboot)

Cheers

the boards mentioned in the post you quoted are on 1504 and 1606 on the blog, unless you are referring to the p8z77-v?

btw, are you using the usb flashback feature, as youll need to use that (and i believe you can go to 1406 using that, even if you are currently on a newer version.
ill get round to updating the p8z77-v if thats what board youre on about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back