Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi tony.

to answer your questions,
1. i dont know
2. i dont know
:D

i guess the obvious answer would be if anyone decides to make a foolproof guide for clover (if one is needed, or possible), the answer to 1. will be yes, but personally i havent used clover and dont have any rush to atm as chameleon does everything I need it to (although i can understand from your viewpoint).

have you signed up to projectosx.com and asked for help in slice's thread?
as most on here use chameleon, it would probably be better from the source tbh.

Hi Samisnake,

Thanks for the response.

I agree that Chameleon works fine, but these days there are so many versions out there, and new versions two or three times a week. They did the right think here (but I always get best results with ErmaC's versions)(Chimera). Clover has been around a long time now and yes I did contribute to Slice's thread, but after all the hassles with iPhoneTom et all (in the days before MB manufactures were using EFI bios), I suggested they should perfect it and charge people a modest amount for a license, but of course it is OpenSource and one cant do that. To suggest they were inpolite about my suggestion would be an understatement. I left it alone for months and although one cannot compare it was Win7, AHCI and GPT and the difference it made to that, that decided me to revisit Clover. I have old disks with different versions of Clover configs loaded but no it does not work well. Others say its working fine and it is the frustration that mine does not that is the challenge.

I had similar issues with Sam's Revoboot, we were getting there with that, she sort of fell out with some of the original OSX86ers as she considered they were doing it wrong and not seeing the wood for the trees, I am no expert or even pretend to understand, but I respected her judgement and another reason to try something different.

Thanks again for what you do...

Hi Sami,
Thanks for all your help, you've been a great supporter of Asus Boards and I hope they acknowledge that.
If you could please help me with a modded bios.

thanks

EZ Flash 2 should work. I just have to locate the file and EZ does the rest.

Attachments

• P8H77-I-ASUS-0809.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 116
ezflash will reject the modified rom, failing a security verification.

the only method to flash modified .cap uefi roms on a 7series asus boards is to use usb flashback.
this feature is not present on your board.

well I guess ill just have to buy a new ITX board. Do you have a favourite ITX?

well I guess ill just have to buy a new ITX board. Do you have a favourite ITX?

you do have an alternative, which will allow you to keep your current board.

that is to buy a preflashed bios chip on ebay, and replace your current chip.
the chips simply pull out, and slot back in.
you would contact a seller of bioses on ebay, and ask them to flash the modified rom onto the chip he sends you.

this would give you a modified bios, however the downside to that is you cant update your bios to a newer modified version, for obvious reasons.

im not an itx guy, but if i was picking a board for myself itd have to be the p8z77-i deluxe.
its expensive, but it looks amazing.

gigabyte should be releasing their new itx boards soon too.

So it looks like $17 can buy me a chip. Now I just need a new ROM file for them to flash it with.
I think this is still a good value with the p8h77-i board seeming the wifi and bluetooth doesn't work on the Z.

you can always swap out the wifi card on the z77 with one that works.

personally, i wouldnt recommend going this route, mainly for the reason i mentioned before.

if you do go this route, a couple pointers are to make sure you note the direction of the bios chip.
the chip will have a circular notch on it on one side. make sure you fit the new chip in the same direction.

also, make sure that the people providing the chip know to flash the modified rom, and not a stock rom :mrgreen:

http://bios.zmac.net/asus/P8H77-I-ASUS-0809_modified.zip

Ok, i will contact some sellers and see what they can do for me. Thanks again Sami.I think youve saved me a $100. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back