Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sami;

Your blogspot links doesnt work. bios.zmac.net seeing unavailable.

working over here, telepati
can you try on a different system?

thepickler,
what is it hanging on? use verbose (-v) to find out.

the modified bios only helps for when booting off the hard drive (as it allows the system to boot using the native pm kext- have a look at the faq mentioned in the first post).
it wont help with booting off the unibeast stick, as that uses nullcpu which bypasses the native pm kext anyway.

if your system is hanging, there is another cause for that which you must find out.

Have you tried GraphicsEnabler=No and GraphicsEnabler=Yes ?

Hi again Samisnake - apologies again slightly off topic. I have posted this in the thread.

After 10.8.2 update, serial number has disappeared.

I am using the ErmaC version of the (X58) AppleACIPlatform.kext, as if I use the vanilla ML 10.8.2 version the HD will not boot.

I have tried many alternatives, as it appears that the GB MB versions of Z77 works fine with the Apple versions but apparently not Asus.

I have searched the internet but cannot find any alternatives that work.

Here is a copy of my post to the other thread for info:

Hey Guys, thanks for the useful information here regarding my not seeing my serial number.

Using the Multibeast rollback my Asus Z77 Sabertooth will boot up fine and all seems to work, except this annoying Serial Number -System Serial Number. I am using Samisnakes amended BIOS for this motherboard and frankly apart from this small and likely cosmetic issue everything just works fine.

That said taking Dil83 suggestion of reverting to the original 10.8.2 AppleACPIPlatform.kext using Chameleon and the latest Clover once the disk where OSX is loaded is selected, it tries to load with the Apple logo and spinning wheel staying there forever with no disk access activity. That said it appears that this board needs the X58 version of this kext to just work.

I have tried many alternatives to no avail, using the much lighter AppleACPIPlatform.kext from ML 10.8.2 it just wont do anything.

I will copy this post to Samisnakes thread in the hope that he might have a suggestion....

I prefer the Asus Boards historically as GB has always been problematic for me (just my opinion) - but this is a bummer as why does the vanilla kexts not work on the Asus Boards?

Thanks for the feedback...

hi tony,

i cant give you a direct fix, but i can give you a ray of hope possibly.

last night on the forum chat, complx updated to 10.8.2 from lion, using the same board as you (z77 sabertooth) and did not need to use the rollback acpiplatform kext.
i have not needed to use it on my board either.

looking on the forum, the issue is not limited to asus boards either.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/os-x-updates/73181-difference-appleacpiplatform-kext-10-8-1-10-8-2-a.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/73091-problem-10-8-2-new-nvidia-drivers.html

might be worth doing a test install on an empty partition, and see if things are different.

hi tony,

i cant give you a direct fix, but i can give you a ray of hope possibly.

last night on the forum chat, complx updated to 10.8.2 from lion, using the same board as you (z77 sabertooth) and did not need to use the rollback acpiplatform kext.
i have not needed to use it on my board either.

looking on the forum, the issue is not limited to asus boards either.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/os-x-updates/73181-difference-appleacpiplatform-kext-10-8-1-10-8-2-a.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/73091-problem-10-8-2-new-nvidia-drivers.html

might be worth doing a test install on an empty partition, and see if things are different.

Wow wow wow - how Noob can one be. Thanks so much Samisnake and all, it is fixed already.....!!!!

I have always had the habit of installing the sensor kexts separately in S/L/E and earlier today I did a fresh install and omitted the sensor kexts, yet still could not get OSX to load unless I used the rollback AppleACIPlatform.kext.

Well it was the link you provided and FilterPunk post that reminded me that FakeSMC.kext has a plugin directory, I have been using Slice's version 4.2.0 r616 which has loads of kexts within the plugin directory.

I removed OemSMBIOS.kext from the plugin directory, restored the vanilla 10.8.2 AppleACIPlatform.kext, rebuilt system kext cache, repaired permissions rebooted and its now ok and complete with serial number.

Seems we have a great deal to thank you guys for - my S/L/E is now looking more vanilla and its all working.

Thank you again - and I apologise for believing this was an Asus issue.

NB. Added 25 September...... There are lessons to be learned here.

Regarding Slice's FakeSMC.kext. I have always kept an eye on his work as the guy (like (RIP) Revogirl) is frankly brilliant in my opinion, as are some of his close associates. But on investigation the OemSMBIOS and a couple of the the other texts within his FakeSMC are there to control fan speeds on specific motherboards) I just downloaded it willy nilly without doing any serious investigation as I always believed by previous experience any problematical kexts would cause a KP. This was some months ago. That said the Multibeast 5.0.2 has the same signature as Slices although the Multbeast version does not have a plugin directory like Slices.

I have followed tonymacx86 from the beginning and admire how easy he has made it to install a mackintosh, and Multibeast is a great tool. Being long in the tooth and wanting to know and understand and be in control, I do not use it as such as I prefer to highlight any added kexts with different colours to remind me what was changed, as three months later I cannot always remember.

I started the System serial number thread as I thought it was changed due to 10.8.2 - now I am not sure as that FakeSMC I have been using for a long time as it is not something that one normally checks on a daily basis when thing seem ok.

But that OemSMBIOS.kext is very dangerous, as although everything appeared to work fine apart from having to use a rollback for AppleACPIPlatform.kext, it also kills MacMan's ahci3rdpartysata.kext, the ASmedia SATA ports where always unknown despite using the 3rdparty fix. Another issue I had was that I use Aperture extensively and have had it since version one and upgraded it as it was upgraded. But not wanting to pay again to use the AppsStore version I have a serial number provided by Apple. Well after a cold start I always had to key in the serial number each time. i put this down to Apple not wanting people to use legacy software and just kept the serial number on a NOTE on the desktop for quick reference.

Since yesterday - Aperture loads fine each time, and I see the ASmedia SATA ports as ASmedia, so I am very grateful, and have removed all but three of the kexts I know that i need from FakeSMC.

Actually I have always renamed FakesSMC.kext to AppleEMC.kext as some say that is better although I cannot prove that one way or the other. I prefer the latter name as it "looks nicer".

To those interested in CLOVER - it works well here, and I get 600 more points on geekbench taking it well into the 16K here, speed-stepping is also more fluid and I see six steps between 1.6k and 4.2k, BUT whatever I do it comes up as a macmini5,1. I use Xcode and found that the coding for the config.plist was corrupt but still it has control and it insists on changing the UUID and other things fooling Apple into thinking that it is a different computer. I can get Clover to load with the legacy BIOS but not UEFI although Win7 loads fine with GPT and UEFI.

So it is a work in progress and very interesting for those that like to "play", but not quite ready yet.... Advice - use a separate disk to experiment with as it writes all over the place.

It is of course headed by Slice and Team, so they will continue to perfect it, but it does take over deciding on whats best for your hardware - something I am not too happy with.... but no doubt it is a lot faster in loading and operation than is Chameleon....

can someone provide me the vanilla 10.8.2 Platform KEXT ? :crazy:

Attachments

• AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip
    215.2 KB · Views: 132
really glad you managed to fix the issue, tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back