Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just bought the P8H61-M LE/CSM today for a budget build (was only 20 bucks!).. Anyways, I did some homework before purchasing and it looked like my best route was to flash a modified bios linked from this thread. I downloaded it to usb drive and tried to flash but I get an "image outdated" message. Google did not provide much in the way of getting around this except for possibly using a dos based util to get around this. Will this be necessary or does anyone know if the factory firmware (3501) is good to go? Kind of hesitant to start a lion install until I have a better feeling about the bios revision.. Thanks for any input.

haggle said:
So I just bought the P8H61-M LE/CSM today for a budget build (was only 20 bucks!).. Anyways, I did some homework before purchasing and it looked like my best route was to flash a modified bios linked from this thread. I downloaded it to usb drive and tried to flash but I get an "image outdated" message. Google did not provide much in the way of getting around this except for possibly using a dos based util to get around this. Will this be necessary or does anyone know if the factory firmware (3501) is good to go? Kind of hesitant to start a lion install until I have a better feeling about the bios revision.. Thanks for any input.

Wow–that's a newer BIOS than I had on my board I ordered (for girlfriends system), You'll have to downgrade as the patched bios is much, much, older. Unless someone patches the same or newer BIOS. I think just a page or two back is a link on how to downgrade but it's a bit risky.

philz said:
haggle said:

Wow–that's a newer BIOS than I had on my board I ordered (for girlfriends system), You'll have to downgrade as the patched bios is much, much, older. Unless someone patches the same or newer BIOS. I think just a page or two back is a link on how to downgrade but it's a bit risky.

Thanks for the reply. Since my first post I went ahead and upgraded an even newer revision from the asus site (4001). According to the poorly translated notes it adds "support for next gen 22nm e1 stepping". I'm not sure if this means anything really as far as this thread goes. So I may go ahead and try installing lion anyways, but it would seem that if I don't go through the semi risky process of downgrading and loading the custom bios- I likely won't get sleep to work on this board?

Ps, is it a bad idea to use the 0805 dsdt from the database on this newer revision?

edit 2: Went ahead and installed Lion but haven't messed with unibeast yet.. I want to get this right w/ a dsdt if possible.. I tried to make my own but failed miserably. I used the file for my MB from olarila, but ended up having 142 errors when compiling that wouldn't fix so it would not allow me to save the aml file. So- if I need to downgrade- the option you referred to was someone's post about flashrom via linux? Is that the only way and if so- can I just use an ubuntu live cd or somethin? Sorry for all the questions, as I said just wanna get this right (and hoping I didn't get the wrong motherboard..)

Hi, I am planning on building a new hack.

Will there be support for ASUS Z77 bioses, like there is for MSI? (f.e. ASUS P8Z77-V LE)

ASUS seems to be the only good choice right now, as Gigabyte does not allow for voltage control on the DS3H boards, the UD5H being way to expensive for me, and the MSI boards having (apparently) problems with DSMOS when connecting more then one hard drive.

Thanks in advance

currently in the process of updating all the bioses in the repo to the latest versions (3k basically) where possible.

P67 and H67 roms already done. H61 will be done soon

A flaw with the DSDTs in the database has been found by some users, where pre-3K DSDTs provided do not work, causing the system to hang on boot up.
Thus, with the new 3K bioses added, new 3K DSDTs will be created by myself and brycv.
Pre-3K DSDTs cannot be used and will be removed from the Database. Users with boards using pre-3K bioses can make their own DSDT using the guide mentioned in the first post.

On some 3K bios updates, Asus have stated that the rom needs to be flashed twice.
Not doing this gives you essentially a borked system, as I recently found out. There are 3 ways out of this:
1) Hotflash your bios chip (I did this, but needs access to another Asus 1155 board)
2) Use Asus' Crashfree 3 Utility (Didn't work for me, but worked for Toosixy viewtopic.php?f=168&t=37056&p=369164#p369164)
3) Buy a new preflashed bios chip

Not all of the 3K roms need to be flashed twice, however. Check on Asus page for your board, in the bios download section. If it needs to be flashed twice, you will see

qFXmRkW7.png

Hope that helps some users

samisnake said:
currently in the process of updating all the bioses in the repo to the latest versions (3k basically) where possible.

P67 and H67 roms already done. H61 will be done soon

A flaw with the DSDTs in the database has been found by some users, where pre-3K DSDTs provided do not work, causing the system to hang on boot up.
Thus, with the new 3K bioses added, new 3K DSDTs will be created by myself and brycv.
Pre-3K DSDTs cannot be used and will be removed from the Database. Users with boards using pre-3K bioses can make their own DSDT using the guide mentioned in the first post.

On some 3K bios updates, Asus have stated that the rom needs to be flashed twice.
Not doing this gives you essentially a borked system, as I recently found out. There are 3 ways out of this:
1) Hotflash your bios chip (I did this, but needs access to another Asus 1155 board)
2) Use Asus' Crashfree 3 Utility (Didn't work for me, but worked for Toosixy viewtopic.php?f=168&t=37056&p=369164#p369164)
3) Buy a new preflashed bios chip

Not all of the 3K roms need to be flashed twice, however. Check on Asus page for your board, in the bios download section. If it needs to be flashed twice, you will see

qFXmRkW7.png

Hope that helps some users
Thanks! :D

Any chance for a DSDT (with eSATA and audio edits) for P8P67 Pro Rev. 3.0?

What means ''then need CLRTC'' ?

Frankylan said:
What means ''then need CLRTC'' ?
Clear your CMOS (i.e. reset your BIOS).

To do this either:

1.) Remove the CMOS battery (the little button cell battery on your motherboard) and wait 10 seconds and put it back in before booting up your system.
2.) Use the jumper (which pins to "jump" depend on your board) and wait 10 seconds before booting up your system.

Ok here's my verdict on the new modified (speedstepper patched) 3207 BIOS for the P8P67 Pro Rev. 3.0.

1.) Audio does not work correctly. Toleda's patched kext, HDA rollback, and the other options in MultiBeast all do not work.
2.) Wake on sleep does not work. Sleep itself works, but upon waking up my monitor does not wake (presumably due to graphics card not waking).
3.) eSATA currently does not work either. I was using TooSixy's edited JMB0 and JMB1 edits to DSDT.aml, but I cannot get those edits to work properly with the new BIOS.

Other than those issues (and the obvious SSDT issues relating to p-states on K series processors and SB i7s), 10.7.4 and BIOS 3207 works great on P8P67 Pro Rev. 3.0!

Thanks!
my manual says to set a jumper on the board for this job :thumbup:

i don't understand why the german ASUS website doesn't tell this important things in german o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back