Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried the 3207 patched bios for my P8P67 Pro (3.0) and find it a dramatic improvement. On 10.7.3 finally seem to have proper P and C states, my geekbench score raised about 10% and sleep/wake works even without a DSDT.

Im not using any of the extra features of the board though (no eSATA, FW or on-board sound).

For sound, I can really recommend these $1.25 USB soundcards you can get on eBay. They work like a charm out-of-the-box, including volume control and muting.

The reason for upgrading for me were the troubles with the "DropSSDT" argument needed for 10.7.4. That problem is also solved now. Next steps: creating a SSDT and upgrading to 10.7.4.

samisnake said:
@freaker, if you would prefer the older non-3k patched bios for that board, i can post the link

What's the real problem with the 3k bioses? Can you fry the board with them? Or it's just something happening in some boards?

I was going to update the bios on my machine. I thought about doing first a BIOS backup using the EZ bios update from the bios menu. And then if something went wrong, go back to my older bios.

I read the manual of my board and it says it has a feature called CrashFree BIOS 3
()that if you bios gets corrupt or something goes wrong you can always patch the bios using a USB with a correct bios and inserting it on boot). It's like a last thing to do if everything goes wrong. I thought that by having this there was no risk involved in updating the BIOS. But after reading some confusing posts of people saying they could not recover they boards I'm a little bit worried... does this CrashFree get also corrupted and the board doesn't even boot with the 3k bioses when something goes wrong?

this is my board, the rev.3. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8H67M/

After reading what the new 3k bios have, I don't really need it. I would prefer to stick with the Version 0807 bios. Is there a way to get that? can you send it to me?

freaker said:
What's the real problem with the 3k bioses? Can you fry the board with them? Or it's just something happening in some boards?

After reading what the new 3k bios have, I don't really need it. I would prefer to stick with the Version 0807 bios. Is there a way to get that? can you send it to me?

On my P8Z68-VPro (first revision, not Gen-3) with a Corei7-2600, no advantages to run a 320x bios, and some glitches with chameleon or chimera bootloader: diagnostic error in About this mac, USB keyboard unusable during the boot so no selection of boot partition and from time to time, a KP at boot.
Patched 1101 worked without any of these problems and as I do not plan to upgrade CPU to Ivy-Bridge, no reason to use 320x.
I do not find the upgrade really interesting on a non PCI-E Gen3 board as I do not OC my boards, do not use 2 graphic cards or use the Intel HD. I think I'll pass the Ivy Bridge "upgrade" and wait to switch to LGA2011 for a "MacPro" upgrade later or next year.
As the P8Z68-VPro under 1101 patched is bullet-prof to the point of being boring, I just bought a Supermicro X9SCA-F, Xeon E3-1230 and 16 GB ECC Ram for my new project... ;)
Bios patching, DSDT edit and powermanagement issues w'll keep me busy. :lol:

So Francis, you were able to downgrade the BIOS with no problem from what I understand, isn't it?

From what I'm seeing I don't need the new 3k BIOS. I don't plan to update the CPU neither, at least not for some time. And the 0807 BIOS seems rock solid. Is there a way to get the 0807 patched BIOS somehow?

Another question that I want to ask to see if anybody can answer me is:
After patching the BIOS can you just boot on OSX directly or I should remove before patching the BIOS some files from the S/L/E directory - I've read also that you have to remove the nullcpu kext before doing the BIOS patching?

god... it would be so cool to have a tutoriol of some kind with the steps clearly explained... all this scattered information is just confusing...

Francis said:
freaker said:

On my P8Z68-VPro (first revision, not Gen-3) with a Corei7-2600, no advantages to run a 320x bios, and some glitches with chameleon or chimera bootloader: diagnostic error in About this mac, USB keyboard unusable during the boot so no selection of boot partition and from time to time, a KP at boot.
Patched 1101 worked without any of these problems and as I do not plan to upgrade CPU to Ivy-Bridge, no reason to use 320x.
I do not find the upgrade really interesting on a non PCI-E Gen3 board as I do not OC my boards, do not use 2 graphic cards or use the Intel HD. I think I'll pass the Ivy Bridge "upgrade" and wait to switch to LGA2011 for a "MacPro" upgrade later or next year.
As the P8Z68-VPro under 1101 patched is bullet-prof to the point of being boring, I just bought a Supermicro X9SCA-F, Xeon E3-1230 and 16 GB ECC Ram for my new project... ;)
Bios patching, DSDT edit and powermanagement issues w'll keep me busy. :lol:

I reply to myself:

To get the 0807 patched bios I tweaked the url for the 3604 BIOS and modified the number... it seems the file is still there....

http://bios.zmac.net/asus/P8H67-M-ASUS-0807_modified.zip

I just hope this is the right BIOS and that I'm not going to fry the board...
(Can anybody confirm me that this file is a good one?)

indy911 said:
The reason for upgrading for me were the troubles with the "DropSSDT" argument needed for 10.7.4. That problem is also solved now. Next steps: creating a SSDT and upgrading to 10.7.4.

This SSDT from Greggen works for me in 10.7.4 YMMV
SSDT.aml.zip

Attachments

• SSDT.aml.zip
    553 bytes · Views: 111
freaker said:
samisnake said:
@freaker, if you would prefer the older non-3k patched bios for that board, i can post the link

Can you confirm me that this file is the non-3k bios...?
http://bios.zmac.net/asus/P8H67-M-ASUS- ... dified.zip

thanks

yes thats thats right. are you sure you have the p8h67-m? your profile says you have the p8h67-m le

as to your other question
"Another question that I want to ask to see if anybody can answer me is:
After patching the BIOS can you just boot on OSX directly or I should remove before patching the BIOS some files from the S/L/E directory - I've read also that you have to remove the nullcpu kext before doing the BIOS patching?"

once this bios is flashed, it doesnt make a difference to your system booting up. just redo your bios settings, and boot in.

removing of the nullcpu kext is just for people coming from easybeast or whatever, where they were using nullcpu.
these roms erradicate the need for nullcpu, so deleting it is needed as otherwise itd be pointless flashing this rom!

there isnt a problem with the 3k bioses. on my particular board, it says to flash twice. i didnt see that, and flashed only once, and got stuck in boot loop. crashfree didnt work for me, so i had to hotflash.
downgrading worked for me using this guide http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1629404

Unless I'm understanding wrong, the reason the DSDT for my board (P8H61-MX) caused a non-booting situation is because of a bug in the custom BIOS which is being fixed at the moment?

If so, has an updated BIOS been released for the H61 boards?

@ bruce927
no, there isnt any problems with the bioses.
the problem was with the dsdt.
on the pre-3k bioses (bioses begininning with 0, 1 or 2), a dsdt extracted from the rom and patched cant be used, as itll cause the system to hang on boot.

the 3k dsdts which were extracted from the rom would allow the system to boot, but strange things were found by toosixy and Aznboy1993, such as sleep not working with the prepatched extracted dsdt.
using the exact same patch on a system extracted dsdt (eg extracting the dsdt on your own system in dsdteditor, and then patching) will allow for sleep.

so atm, the best option is still to patch your own dsdt.
the updated bioses for h61 boards will still be added, but the prepatched dsdts will not.
users can make their own dsdt for the 3k bioses using brycv's generic patch (this patch will also work with pre-3k bioses)

Attachments

• Asus Generic Patch without Audio.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 196
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back