Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
could someone patch new Bios for P8P67 motherboard, I would be very grateful!

Attachments

• P8P67-ASUS-3207.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 74
New discovery! After i did this, i realized holy **** my usb ports were acting up after sleep, especially my apple keyboard. This is because of PLL being enabled, I tell you to disable it above anyway, but i say to enable it if going 5.0ghz+ don't do that! Enabling it messes with your usb ports after sleep. I have to go to work so i don't have time to test if 5.0ghz+ is stable without it enabled.

SO DISABLE PLL!!

I'm getting kernel panics with my extracted / lightly patched/fixed DSDT.
Typing this up using an EasyBeast-installed system.

I'm using an ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, i7-2600K CPU, BIOS 3201 (patched).

If anyone can help me get a working DSDT together, it would be much appreciated (I saw a post a bit back here where one guy was asking for vanilla DSDTs from different ASUS boards and never got a vanilla P8Z68-V, I can supply mine).

EDIT: Trying the P8Z68-V Pro 3xxx patch provided a ways back, hope the differences to the non-Pro don't cause issues.

Great to see this! Am hoping to tinker around with it in a few days. Some questions, first!

I am running my own DSDT that I edited manually to get the jmicron eSATA ports working (see my thread here). Are these edits included in the DSDT (for P8P67 Pro)?

Also, this will only be worthwhile for me if WOL (wake on LAN) is working, otherwise I don't care about sleep working. Can anyone with P8P67 Pro confirm that WOL is working (through built-in Intel NIC).

Thanks for everyone's hard work!! :D

samisnake said:
The DSDTs for the roms in the repo have been added to the DSDT Database
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.co.uk/2012/0 ... -1155.html
Hello.
In case it could interest you, I could send (I don't upload it as it is rather heavy) the new 2.0 bios for Supermicro X9SCA-F with PCI-E gen3 support. Seems very similar to the "Ivy-Bridge" generation of bios from Asus.
I upload the unedited DSDT extracted from it.

For information, booting with a vanilla 10.7.3 without speedstepper edited AIPMC kext or NullCPUPM produce a KP, perhaps the bios has the same lock?

Attachments

• X9SCA-F_Extracted.dsl.zip
    28 KB · Views: 75
lxlifestream said:
So great news! I've figured out how to overclock, while keeping P States!! I'm very excited about this :)

*Note reach 1 less then the turbo you set, so if you set turbo to 48x, it will only reach 47x

Using your settings I was able to reach a bunch of different pstates
May 12 10:30:31 rogers-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 31 34 45 46 47
but my geek bench dropped 25%
Looking at the msrdumper output when running a load that uses all cores (geek bench handbrake etc) I see the multiplier used with all cores active is 34 not 44 as set in bios.Could be a bug in AICPM. Is that what you are seeing? p8p67 pro 3207 patched bios

HEY SAMI ~ THANS FOR YOUR JOB ~~

i updated my ASUS P8H67 bios from 09xx to 1405 which i downloaded from your link at first page . after EZ FLASH finished it , reboot , seems like my pc lost MBR , no system menu shows up .... and i tried to fix MBR with my win7 64bit CD, but it doesn't work ~~ what should i do .. should i reinstall my win7 system to rebuild MBR or what ? by the way , the P8H67's newest BIOS version is 3506 is available to use. . ~~

please help me out ~~~~~ a big thanks !!!!

doof said:
lxlifestream said:
So great news! I've figured out how to overclock, while keeping P States!! I'm very excited about this :)

*Note reach 1 less then the turbo you set, so if you set turbo to 48x, it will only reach 47x

Using your settings I was able to reach a bunch of different pstates
May 12 10:30:31 rogers-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 31 34 45 46 47
but my geek bench dropped 25%
Looking at the msrdumper output when running a load that uses all cores (geek bench handbrake etc) I see the multiplier used with all cores active is 34 not 44 as set in bios.Could be a bug in AICPM. Is that what you are seeing? p8p67 pro 3207 patched bios

Like I said at the bottom It could be a bug with geek bench. But recently I enabled dropssdt and used revogirls ssdt and added states up to 48 and ran geek bench and it increased my score up to 17000
I'm probably gonna create an asus/sandy bridge overclocking guide, including getting proper p states, and creating custom ssdt for desired overclock

lxlifestream said:
Like I said at the bottom It could be a bug with geek bench. But recently I enabled dropssdt and used revogirls ssdt and added states up to 48 and ran geek bench and it increased my score up to 17000
I'm probably gonna create an asus/sandy bridge overclocking guide, including getting proper p states, and creating custom ssdt for desired overclock

Not a bug with geek bench cuz I reproduced it in handbrake and other high load apps. Are you using 10.7.3 or 7.4. I'll try with a custom SSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back