Contribute
Register

Assus p5k pro mojave install

Status
Not open for further replies.
The disk where Mojave is installed is a shade lighter in disk utility disk2s2, what does this mean, its just read not write?
Should it be write enabled at this stage.
I have taken info from disk utility on hard drive maybe their is a clue there why i cant access it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Lol look what just popped up on the right top corner of my screen, im not sure it will work if i try and upgrade using my only OS X access i have "yosemite"
This is a TonyMacx86 yosemite install using unibeast/multibeast.
Has anyone tried to update or will this update damage my working yosemite?

Attachments

• IMG_0687.JPG
    IMG_0687.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
So much fun and games this install has become, all those options dont seem to work, ive attached pix.
1, Tried the easist way to copy it by booting into yosemite, i cant see my Mojave drive but can see it in disk utility.
2, tried to copy the telemerty plugin into the install app of Mojave in applications but its read only and i cant seem to change that by get info and adding read and write.View attachment 386628View attachment 386629View attachment 386629

If you cannot find your Mojave Disk on the desktop , you cannot continue with the troubleshoot.

The second troubleshoot I suggested was to create a new macOSMojave USB Installer with its /S/L/UEP edited with the file I sent. That has never been tested.
I assume the Bottom screen shots showing /S/L/UEP is that of USB installer's OS X Basesystem opened for view.

If you want to create a new USB Installer go ahead and do that from Yosemite with the suggested editing.
But if using that if you still face the same Grey Screen Freeze, you will not be sure if that was from Graphics problem or creating disk in an untested manner!

My strong suggestion is to use a Graphics card that is supported and try installation and then from the Desktop perform the /S/L/UserEventPlugins

Lol look what just popped up on the right top corner of my screen, im not sure it will work if i try and upgrade using my only OS X access i have "yosemite"
This is a TonyMacx86 yosemite install using unibeast/multibeast.
Has anyone tried to update or will this update damage my working yosemite?
I won't recommend doing that without Cloning that disk on to another for safe keeping first as an insurance against any possible failure with the upgrade attempt.
If you have created a Clone then you can try upgrading after adding to its /SL/UEP the file.

I have managed to put the telemetry.plugin in the folder using terminal command hdiutil, was a easy process but its made the installer from 6.03gb to 7.01gb lol
Hope it works, im making a new usb installer as i type, i will update as soon as i can.
Time machine is the only backups i have, i wont do the upgrade.

Nope doesnt work, halfway thru installing it said the installer is corrupt.

The last message in -v is my graphics card, hard to catch on cam as its to quick, i will purchase a new graphics cards and try again then, thanks all for assisting me, and thank you tonymac for a great site packed with info and tools ... POST CLOSED.

Last edited:
  • In all my Intel 6, 7 , 8 and 9 series Systems without any Integrated Intel HD from their Intel CPUs , I found Nvidia GT 710 (Gaming GeForce GT 710 2GB GDRR3 64-bit HDCP Support DirectX 12 OpenGL 4.5 Single Fan Low…) an inexpensive way to overcome the problem and still use the same Nvidia GT 710 Graphics card for all my other OSes (Windows 10 +Linux Distros along with macOS Sierra, HS 10.13.6 and Mojave 10.14.3.)
  • Nvidia GT 710 is natively supported in Mojave
    • No config.plist editing of any kind is required.
    • Add WhateverGreen.kext , Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and also
    • install the above 3 kexts in /L/Extensions using a kext installer App like Kext Utility|Kext Wizard|KextBeast [whichever you find easy to use]

Hi cmn699 just a quick question, im looking to purchase a new graphics card today, seen many GT 710 online but ive noticed some are made by msi assus and nvidia, does this make any difference or can i use any GT 710

Was looking to purchase this from my local store today.

Last edited:
As a general rule avoid XFX, any other manufacturer should be ok.
Hi pilgrim thanks for the advice, i see you also have a GT 710, so i should be ok with that card in the link i posted, just want to be sure before i go out and buy it, i guess its the same chipset for all.

so i should be ok with that card in the link i posted
That card is £54,99.
Similar card but DDR3 on ebay is £37.99 (new).

The GT 730 DDR3 has native support but the DDR5 version needs additional Nvidia drivers, not sure if the same applies to the GT 710 - Advise check before you purchase DDR5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back