Contribute
Register

Assus p5k pro mojave install

Status
Not open for further replies.
That card is £54,99.
Similar card but DDR3 on ebay is £37.99 (new).

The GT 730 DDR3 has native support but the DDR5 version needs additional Nvidia drivers, not sure if the same applies to the GT 710 - Advise check before you purchase DDR5.
Yes its cheaper online but i wanted it today, phoned store but they dont have any in stock in my town, nearest store is 30miles grrr, i may have to wait a day or 2 and order online and save some money, thank you for your time pilgrim.
P.s
Ive read the DDR5 version needs drivers but will work.

Yes its cheaper online but i wanted it today, phoned store but they dont have any in stock in my town, nearest store is 30miles grrr, i may have to wait a day or 2 and order online and save some money, thank you for your time pilgrim.
Any DDR3 version ( 1 or 2GB) of the GT 710 will work without drivers. Some say the DDR5 versions won't work at all with Mojave as they need the Web drivers to function. I've never owned a GDDR5 GT 710, only the Zotac DDR3 version.

I can't confirm the problem with DDR5 models but it just makes more sense to get the less expensive DDR3 model. Those work OOB. You can't do any real gaming or video editing with a 710 it's just about getting graphics that fully work in Mojave when you have older hardware. Having GDDR5 vram is not really important at all.

Last edited:
Hi cmn699 just a quick question, im looking to purchase a new graphics card today, seen many GT 710 online but ive noticed some are made by msi assus and nvidia, does this make any difference or can i use any GT 710

Was looking to purchase this from my local store today.

I have used MSI GAMING GeForce GT 710 2GB GDRR3 64-bit HDCP Support DirectX 12 OpenGL 4.5 Single Fan Low Profile Graphics Card (GT 710 2GD3 LP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back